Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 4th of july to anyone who happens to drop in!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 4th of july to anyone who happens to drop in!!!

Hope all of you are having a safe Holliday and a relaxing one. I am just going to read.

I wonder what Sam is doing today?? Surely she is celebrating!!!

Virginia

Happy Fourth of July, Virginia.

I am remembering the backyard cookouts of my childhood with extended family. <sigh>

Today Peter is visiting his mother and I am making tomato-vegetable soup for all of us. I made what I think is the last batch of the garlic potato soup (until next fall) last week. Awkward. Somebody fix that sentence. I am too tired. The kitchen is hot.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

Virginia, Sam went all out this year too. She's wearing a mask of the Statue of Liberty, and has an American flag flying at the top of her tail.

Me, I just got up and having my first mug of coffee. I'll just watch TV all day, and make something to eat later.

Everyone have a great 4th! There are problems in this country, but America always comes through. This is the greatest country on this planet!!!
      Last edited by Howie; 07-04-2020, 02:59 PM.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy July 4th to all!

It's a relief to know that Sam is wearing a mask.

The neighbor who is helping with the apartment we're clearing out turned up today in a T shirt that was bright red on one side with a flag motif on the other--very festive looking.

Last edited by agate; 07-04-2020, 01:48 PM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Happy 4th of July 2020

Comment

Went to market with my trailer. As I was unloading at 6am I saw that my trailer had a flat tire. So, for the next 7 hours I tried to figure out what to do...called many people. I have AAA but the 10 year old who answered the phone said thatThe flat was not on my car and they would not come. Every tire place was closed. I was in real trouble.

I saw a guy who picks up trash from street barrels. He has a huge 3 wheeled tricycle. I see him every week. So I walked to him and yes he had a pump but was not powerful enough. So we decided I should walk down the street to the police department. It was a nice, human interaction. People helping people.

I got to the police station and found a phone to use in the lobby. I picked it up and soon a policeman answered and I explained my problem. I asked if they had a small compressor to try and inflate my tire. I assumed it was a slow leak. This fellow was sweet and helpful and we chuckled when I realized he was telling me I could hang up the phone because he was standing behind me! So a young officer found a compressor and walked back to my market setup. No luck. It was not a slow leak!

So, next try. The woman who helps me called her partner. He stopped by his father’s house and arrived with a drill to get the lug nuts off. So he took the tire to have it patched but the place everyone said would be open on the holiday was closed. So he went to autozone and bought a tube of “fix a flat”. So Julie and I worked the market, loaded the car and trailer and, she read the directions while I sat in the car ready to go. Once you put the stuff into the tire you have to quickly get going as it takes 4 miles or so to distribute the stuff in the tire and make the seal. So when the tire was ready everyone ran into the street to stop traffic and I could exit smoothly. I got the 25 miles home! The tire is flat again but I got home and a friend will come Monday to fix everything!

What a day.
            Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Linda ~

Wow! What a day, indeed! How are you feeling after all of that walking, loading, unloading, and stress? I hope that everyone was wearing a mask in your encounters.

I've always loved your signature quote, and once again you proved that you are that kind of woman!

Get some rest and take good care of yourself and John. Try to relax.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Linda had the most exciting 4th of all of us. Hope it doesn't leave any bad effects Linda.

I have been watching fireworks on CNN and PBS. I liked the show on PBS, but I think some of the fireworks were the same. Anyway, both were good.

Jeanie, hope you got to see the fireworks this year and not hear them from neighbors.

I agree with Agate, I am glad Sam remembered to wear a mask when she celebrated the 4th.

Now, Ann if you will just beam me a bowl of leftover soup. I have eaten, but now I am hungry again.
                Virginia

Comment

:) I watched the fireworks on TV. Poor Lacy since the neighbor has been firing off fireworks all evening. She is just continually shaking.

I watched Andy's band on a video made by the drummer's wife. She is the mother of the guy who jumped off the bridge a few weeks ago.

Tomorrow is Andy's 60th birthday. I told him he could take Torre to dinner on my credit card since I can't go out and get him a gift.

Happy 4th everyone. Linda I am glad you got home okay. Jeanie :)

Comment

I haven't had nearly as bad a day as Linda but I'm just about done in.

Several days of trying to clear out the apartment that belonged to the neighbor/friend who died and I'm ready to rest. I took my wheelchair with me on most trips up there and made sure I sat in it for rest breaks but it was still a lot of effort, pulling things down from shelves and out of cabinets and so forth. I'm so glad I had two people helping me, and they have been very helpful. They didn't even seem to mind that sometimes I had plopped down in my wheelchair and was just sitting. I explained that I could do things but only for so long, and then I have to rest.

We're working toward a deadline of July 13 but we need to be done with the clearing out long before that, to give other residents time to come in and choose things they want.

I'll probably be the one who sets up each appointment and shows them around. It's one person at a time, and 20 minutes per person. Even with those limits, I can't accommodate everyone by a long shot (54 residents).

It's an emergency way of doing things but it has to be this way instead of what is usually done here when family doesn't claim a person's belongings after death--which would be an open house for people to crowd in, lasting a few hours on one day only. This time there will be individual appointments spread out over several days.

And we decided not to charge anything. It would take too much time to put prices on everything and keep track of the money. Besides, we probably shouldn't be handling money any more than necessary on account of the coronavirus.

Handling things of any kind is being discouraged in a big way.The local paratransit system has done away with the paper tickets they've always used. Instead, if you ride the paratransit van, you get a bill for your rides every month.

I'm getting too tired, and when I get tired, I get easily confused and do very dumb things. I'm trying hard not to let that happen.

The fireworks have been going on right outside for many hours, sounding as if they are right in this room. Just now I jumped 3 times because of 3 separate explosions. I feel sorry for all of the pets who are trembling and hiding away. Jeanie, I hope Lacey will be all right in spite of this.

And I hope Andy has a happy birthday!
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Happy 4th of July/USA Independence Day 2020 to everyone at Braintalk!
                      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Yes..we all have masks and detailed protocols which is the mark of the area i live i

Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
                        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Linda ~

Wow! What a day, indeed! How are you feeling after all of that walking, loading, unloading, and stress? I hope that everyone was wearing a mask in your encounters.

I've always loved your signature quote, and once again you proved that you are that kind of woman!

Get some rest and take good care of yourself and John. Try to relax.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                        I just finished the 2rounds of rituxan and I was moving and thinking well. Perfect timing for everything including the very stressful episode. John was at the Amherst market one townover so we talked back and forth a lot but no one could help although many were trying to .
                        That part was stress reducing!
                        Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Agate, I definitely would not want to be doing what you are doing. That would be very tiring. I am glad you are not charging and handling money. Everything I do now, such as when I order food or stop in a pharmacy or grocery store I use my debit card. It can be wiped off with sanitizer. The only money I handle now is when I pay my brother for the groceries they bring me. However, I am home and can quickly wash my hands.

Jeanie, sorry poor Lacy had to go through that again this year. That is good of you to let Andy and Torre go out to dinner on your credit card. Hope he has a real nice Birthday.
                          Virginia

Comment

Working...
                          X