Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other sources of masks

Old Navy

Three ply for $2.50 each plus shipping. In bundles of three, five or ten. Many patterns, kids also. We got five yesterday.

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Lands End

Two layers of cotton with a pocket for a filter layer and a nose bridge wire. Three for $15 plus $8 shipping.

We’ll need to protect ourselves for some time to come.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

My local Walmart is now selling face masks in packages of 25 or 50. The 50 is around $29.00 (I don't remember exactly).

Comment

I just bought 50 3ply disposable mask for $35.00 on Amazon. They are by Melcoast.

Some of the ones at Old Navy are cute.
      Virginia

Comment

I wonder what bank robbers and criminals that wear masks are wearing these days.

I got a 10 pack of masks off of Amazon.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

I walked into Walmart wearing that mask and sunglasses. Two separate people waved and said, "Hi, Nancy". How on earth could I rob a bank?

Comment

Well, mark "rob bank" off your to do list!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Not sure where to put this, and it's probably preaching to the choir here, but this came to me by e-mail thanks to Jeanie Z and I thought it should be out here for others to see. I'm sorry not to have asked your permission to post it, Jeanie--I hope you don't mind:

RETIRED SURGEON Dr. Samuel Laucks of York, PA, has this to say about wearing masks:
              “OK, here’s my rant about masks:

I have spent the past 39 years working in the field of surgery. For a significant part of that time, I have worn a mask. I have worked with hundreds (probably thousands) of colleagues during those years, who have also worn masks. Not a single one us of became ill, passed out or died from lack of oxygen. Not a single one of us became ill, passed out or died from breathing too much carbon dioxide. Not a single one us of became ill, passed out or died from rebreathing a little of our own exhaled air. Let’s begin here by putting those scare tactics to rest!

(It is true that some people, with advanced lung diseases, may be so fragile that a mask could make their already-tenuous breathing more difficult. If your lungs are that bad, you probably shouldn’t be going out in public at the present time anyway; the consequences if you are exposed to Covid-19 would likely be devastating.)

~ “But”, you ask, “can’t viruses go right through the mask, because they are so small?” (“Masks keep viruses out just as well as a chain link fence keeps mosquitoes out,” some tell us.) It is true that individual virus particles can pass through the pores of a mask; however, viruses don’t move on their own. They do not fly across the room like a mosquito, wiggle through your mask like a worm, or fly up your nose like a gnat. The virus is essentially nothing more than a tiny blob of genetic material.

Covid-19 travels in a CARRIER – the carrier is a fluid droplet- fluid droplets that you expel when you cough, sneeze, sing, laugh, talk or simply exhale. Most of your fluid droplets will be stopped from entering the air in the room if you are wearing a mask.

Wearing a mask is a very efficient way to protect others if you are carrying the virus (even if you don’t know that you are infected). In addition, if someone else’s fluid droplets happen to land on your mask, many of them will not pass through. This gives the wearer some additional protection, too. But, the main reason to wear a mask is to PROTECT OTHERS. Even if you don’t care about yourself, wear your mask to protect your neighbors, co-workers and friends!

~ A mask is certainly not 100% protective. However, it appears that the severity of Covid-19 infection is at least partially “dose-dependent.” In other words, the more virus particles that enter your body, the sicker you are likely to become. Why not decrease that volume if you can? “What have you got to lose?!”

~ “But doesn’t a requirement or a request to wear a mask violate my constitutional rights?” You’re also not allowed to go into the grocery store if you are not wearing pants. You can’t yell “fire” in the Produce Department. You’re not allowed to urinate on the floor in the Frozen Food Section. Do you object to those restrictions? Rules, established for the common good, are component of a civilized society.

~ “But aren’t masks uncomfortable?” Some would say that underwear or shoes can be uncomfortable, but we still wear them. (Actually, being on a ventilator is pretty darned uncomfortable, too!) Are masks really so bad that you can’t tolerate them, even if they will help keep others healthy?
              ~ “But won’t people think I’m a snowflake or a wimp if I wear a mask?” I hope you have enough self-confidence to overcome that.
              ~ “But won’t I look stupid if I wear a mask?” I’ve decided not to dignify that question with an answer!! :)
              ~ “But I never get sick; I’m not worried.” Well, then, wear a mask for the sake of the rest of us who are not so perfect!

There is good evidence that masks make a real difference in diminishing the transmission of Covid-19. Please, for the sake of others (and for the sake of yourself), wear your mask when in public. It won’t kill you!
              P.S. - And, by the way, please be sure that BOTH your nose and mouth are covered!
              Recommendations around mask usage are confusing. The science isn't. Evidence shows that masks are extremely effective to slow the coronavirus and may be the best tool available right now to fight it.”

Last edited by agate; 07-05-2020, 08:02 AM.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Perfectly said agate and Jeanie.
                Last edited by Sunshine 2; 07-06-2020, 04:37 AM. Reason: Put in wrong name

Comment

((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

Thank you for sharing this, agate. You probably are preaching to the choir, but we might know someone, who needs to read this and isn't as vigilant as we are about wearing masks.

I appreciated the doctor's response to whether wearing a mask violates our constitutional rights. You can't yell "fire!", not wear pants or pee in an aisle in the grocery store.

I watched a video of several women ranting at a Florida city council meeting saying that they had the right to not wear a mask, and all that garbage about not being able to breathe with a mask on. My reply to them would be, "What about MY right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? If you give me COVID, and I die or become impaired, that's a violation of my rights. It's not all about YOU, 'Karen.' It's about ALL of US!"

The news reports today that Florida has had 40,000 new COVID cases in the last 4 days. The U.S. has the most cases in the world.

Why? First, we were warned too late, next, we weren't told the truth about it ("it's just like a bad cold"), then, we were given bad advice ("take hydroxychloroquine"; drink bleach"), not enough testing, ventilators, masks, toilet paper, sanitizer, disinfectants ... Businesses didn't lock down soon enough. We don't have a federal mandate that all of us have to wear a mask in public, and too many of our leaders don't wear masks.

People got cabin fever and flocked to public places over Memorial Day Weekend. Then thousands of people took to the streets protesting. Most of the people attending DT's events are not wearing masks.

New Zealand conquered COVID by wearing masks and isolating. Yes, it's a very small country, but their leader knows what she's doing. Italy had quite an outbreak, but they all took it seriously and stayed inside, opening their balcony windows every night to sing together.

If Americans don't comply with the required safeguards, we're never going to get control over COVID. Houston, which has a gigantic medical complex with over 9,000 patient beds, is over capacity right now. Their Governor didn't shut down until he was forced to do so, and their Lt. Governor said that people over 60 should be willing to die to save our economy.

Just the thought of opening our schools in the Fall creates stress in me. Classrooms are germ-filled breeding grounds for every bacteria and virus on the planet. Staggering classroom time for students is a silly notion, since most of our schools are overcrowded. Then, you have teachers, who have to teach three different rounds of classes per day, and sanitize their classrooms constantly.

Finally, two words: mail-in ballots.

At the rate we're going now, there may not be many people left to vote by November.

I apologize for my lengthy diatribe. I watch the news, become irritated and fearful, and then I stew about it. Everything I wrote is factual, and it is only skimming the surface of everything, which we're enduring now. Thank you for allowing me to express my feelings.

We have to stay safe, and we know how to do that.

So, I say, "When you preach to the choir, the choir can then preach to the parishioners."

My love and prayers to all and to your loved ones.

Be safe and well.

Love & Light,

Rose

*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                  Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by jingle View Post
                    I walked into Walmart wearing that mask and sunglasses. Two separate people waved and said, "Hi, Nancy". How on earth could I rob a bank?
                    Funny! !!!!
                    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Correlation Between Blood Type and COVID-19

Today, I found this video, by Dr. Mike Hansen, who discusses the correlation between blood type and susceptibility to COVID-19:

Research has shown that there are more COVID-19 patients among people with Type A than among people with Type O.

Dr. Hansen has more videos about COVID-19 and other medical issues on YouTube.

Please stay safe and be well.

Love & Light,

Rose

Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

A History of Masks/Face Coverings During a Pandemic

Today, I watched the 1938 film, "Jezebel," starring Bette Davis and Henry Fonda:

The time period is 1852, and issues of race, wealth, North and South, are incorporated into the tale.

If that wasn't enough to make it relevant to today, at the end, there is an outbreak of "Yellow Jack Fever." It's an epidemic, which is like our pandemic of 2020. Horse drawn carts carrying victims of the fever are brought into town to be taken to an island and isolated. Fires burning everywhere. Chaos. Panic. Fear.

Fonda contracts the fever and collapses in a saloon with a large gathering. "FEVER!" the crowd shouts as they back away from Fonda.

What was the first thing they did then?

Covered their mouths and noses with handkerchiefs and bandanas.

The men, who came to take Fonda out of a safe house, where the front door was marked with a black Y, wore face coverings. The slave, who tended to Fonda in the house, put a kerchief over her mouth and nose before she approached him with a cool compress for his forehead.

Even in the 1850s, people knew that they needed to cover their mouths and noses to prevent getting ill from a contagious disease.

What would be wrong with a federal, state, and county mandate that everyone must wear a mask in public?

As I watched the movie, I thought about how everyone these days is scrambling for masks, and these folks just had scarves around their necks ready to protect themselves. It's not that difficult to figure out. And supplies of masks seem to be increasing with demand.

Whether it is mandated or ignored, let's all wear a mask or face covering. Obviously, it's one of the best things we can do to reduce our exposure.

I love you. Please be safe and well.

Love & Light,

Rose

Comment

Recent Duke study on masks. (This is a media report. If you find the original Duke study of 8/8 please add it.)

ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Comment

I don't know if this link will work but will try it:

ANN, the link in your post wasn't working for me. We could try this one though it's a different source:

Last edited by agate; 08-09-2020, 07:37 AM.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Mine are like #1 or #6.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X