Messages from Tom Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messages from Tom Cat

Instead of continuing to post Tom Cat's messages in the RIP Cat Dancer thread, I'm starting a thread just for Tom Cat's messages if/when more come along.

He has said that there will be more messages, but he is also working on learning more about how to use a message board.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Tom Cat hopes to get his computer issues straightened out eventually but in the meantime he'd like to say Hi to people here. I'll post more in a day or two when I'm less occupied but here are a couple of photos of the cats that he sent:

Last edited by agate; 01-24-2020, 04:07 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Sweet photo :)

Comment

Just touching bases with you. The snowfalls in winter take up much of my time. There is the shoveling around the fronts of the house, and the garage/work she where the ATV with plow and blower are kept. I clear a 1200 ft. driveway and an equal amount of turn-around space in front of the house and work shed. I need to chop wood for the workshop, so the ATV and snow blower dry off after use. ...After 45 min. of writing and reading my eyes get blurry. If I do other things, like working outside, the eyes seem to be okay. It's cold today, with 4 degrees to start the day, and around 10 degrees high. Take care and say hello to all the folks on BrainTalk from me.
        Hopefully in spring I may get some help getting into the computer. For now the best I do is get into the bank to check my finances. That is a big help. Ann was a genius at doing the book work compared to me.

This is from today:

The plow guy came by last evening to bank up the snow around the house, garage, and work shed. I also had him push back snow on the drive so there is room for whatever we have to come. These last 3 snow falls have been wet and sloppy, making it difficult to move the snow with the snow blowers. Ill be out shortly pushing last night's white mess back. We're crossing our fingers that we'll have a break in the snow after today. The cats are sitting in the windows, waiting for the birds and squirrels to show up. Nothing is moving outside right now. Take care.

Comment

I am sure Ralph is lonely. I hope the cats bring him some pleasure. They are sweet looking and look like they are pals.
          Virginia

Comment

It's nice when cats get along. Often two cats simply can't be in the same room together without a faceoff and all of the ferocious cat routine-- growling and hissing and puffing up and prancing sideways.

Comment

A message from Tom Cat:
              Yesterday was Ann's birthday, so I put some tulips on her cat grave marker. I think she'd like that. I also gave her a two-gun salute from my swivel gun cannon. I'm not so sure what she would think about that. That's more my thing. Hope you're doing fine and please say hello to everyone from me. ...

It's been hard getting my act together. I'm a very slow writer.

The other picture is of a cage I built around some of Ann's house plants. Young Smudge cat was pulling the plants on the floor, destroying some and making a mess to clean up.

More housework now, plus getting ready for a 6-inch snow tomorrow. Take care.

Comment

I wanted to mention that it was Cat's birthday on the 7th. I found TC's facebook page and sent a message to the messaging system, but I don't know if he saw it.
                I almost posted in the RIP thread but then saw Howie's request. I did see the suggestion of a Messages thread but didn't see a link.

Thank you, Agate for starting this thread.

Comment

I wanted to mention that it was Cat's birthday on the 7th. I found TC's facebook page and sent a message to the messaging system, but I don't know if he saw it.
                  Parsi, I've passed this along to him. I don't know either. It's hard to know just what others can and can't see. I believe he uses a Kindle--?

Comment

Another message:
                    Back in the house after an hour & a half plowing 4 in of snow. Got about half cleared around the house in strips. I'll finish it when we get the other 4 in or so.

I'm having lunch now, with left over prime rib dinner from last night with my friend Joe. This was Ann's favorite meal. Then it will be on the blower for a couple hours. It does a good job on thick snow, but is slow & hard to move up our hilly drive. Plus it takes some time to clean. Also it's in an unheated garage, & to dry it off I have portable space heater that has to be moved around it to get all the areas dried off. Otherwise it may [ice?]up. Ah, life in the north country.

And a later message:

Finished the day plowing snow at about 6 PM. The plow guy finished the 1200 ft. driveway around 9 PM. More snow blowing tomorrow around the house. It should be about an hour's worth. I'm tired now, especially pushing the blower up the 1200 ft. driveway. I needed to cut 2 paths along the edge so the plow would have space for all the snow.

Spring won't come too soon. March is unpredictable. By April the snow is usually gone. Then we look for runoff. So much fun with 4 seasons, aye?

...Good night, and say hello to everyone. Take care.

Comment

More activities reported by TC:
                      Good morning! Spent yesterday at the hospital having my 3-week blood draw and hemoglobin boosting shot. Something that's been going on for 4 to 5 years. One of them genetic things. I blame it [on] the 3% Neanderthal I got in me. Waiting for the blood work and the shots took up most of the afternoon. This hurry up and wait stuff leaves a lot to be desired, aye?

Cats are [quiet] after having their morning can treats. Time to make my breakfast and get my ambition up, a wood fire in the work shed, and more snow removal.Need to be ready for more snow later in the week. Take care.

Comment

Thanks Agate for the updates from Ralph.
                        Virginia

Comment

A message and photos from Tom Cat:

Hi Joan!

Hope this finds you doing okay. I haven't caught up with folks for a month or so. I'm sending you a couple pictures of Smudge cat. One shows her this morning, staring out at the overcast weather this morning. It's raining a little all day. The other picture gives you a good look at her big paws.

I've been in the doldrums on & off, with income taxes, TV problems, & other financial things. It seems I get one thing fixed & another pops up. I do want to get pictures out to you of the memorial service. It's been 3 months now.

On the good side the weather is up in the 50's these days, & it hasn't snowed , other than flurries in several weeks. I just get into these anxiety moods where I lose all self confidence. I got a 2nd eye exam tomorrow, to see what can be done with some scarring in the eyes. After reading for 45 minutes I get blurry vision. It may be corrected with laser surgery.

I fried up some salmon, for the first time today, an hour ago. I need to get into cooking more. It's still hard eating without Ann around. Take care.

Last edited by agate; 03-09-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Message to TC:
                            Anxiety is highly treatable. Hoarding is one form of anxiety. Grieving can increase the sensation of anxiety. I urge you to find a Cogntive Behaioral Therapist Psycoloigst, maybe even one that also does EMDR to lower the anxiety.

And/Or go see a reputable psychiatrist for meds. They are effective if the right one is chosen . I wish you well. Grieving, loneliness, its tough.

Comment

Ralph, what Sunshine said about grief causing anxiety is very true. I lost my husband some years ago. I still remember the anxiety and loss of confidence I felt for quite awhile. Take as good care of yourself as you by all means seek help if you need it.
                              Virginia

Comment

Working...
                              X