Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: OT November Chit Chat

Distinguished Community Member Pegakafarmgirl's Avatar

Default OT November Chit Chat

Hello everyone,, and I really feel for the folks out east, what a way to start the winter months,,

Iowa is still enjoying some awesome weather, but alas , all good things eventually come to a end,, we have winter projects done already,, this is a first,,, but Joe will find more,, trust me,, he always does,,

Nothing to report,, I am feeling really good,,I eventually would like to get back in the pool,, and educate the new excercise teacher, who says people with MS, does not belong in the water,, her mother has MS, and she relapses being in the water,, ok,, thats one person, I will be nice,, my friends all called me, said get over here ! hahaha !

Halloween,, two adorable grandkids,, Thain was a military man,,Eleanore {Nora} was a angel..

later then,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

Peg

Distinguished Community Member renee's Avatar

You sound good, Ms Peg.
    Welcome to november.

I hid in a restaurant and ate too much this evening.

Split pea soup and low budget meals for the next two weeks.
    Ohhhhh, that butternut squash gnocchi was fiiiine.
    Hear that all you vege-vegans... fiiiiiine.

As a lifelong northeasterner, I can't live here and not expect my buns to get kicked
    with an extreme geo-meteorological boot every few years.
    My burg is less than an hour's drive from a line over which tornados and many
    catastrophic storms don't cross.
    It is a small pocket where more times than I can remember, everyone surrounding us
    got nailed and we had nothing to bellow about. But we get our share.

November is when I count up my accumulated part-timer vacation hours and divide it
    among holidays (and runaways) through december. And start thinking about next year.
    To live among swine or move?
    What a hard decision.

Distinguished Community Member

Here goes my usual comment........... What November already!

Not working is not all that its cracked up to be. case in point: last night my renters were doing the evening milking and the wind was blowing spitting ice as I watched out the kitchen window and while I don't miss doing chores in bad weather NOT being able to do it is different than not HAVING to do it. Sigh..........

This oral surgery is for the birds. It still hurts ALOT. Waaaaa I know. To be honest until I had MS I never had tooth problems so as a result for some 40 years I never went to a dentist. No cavities now no (almost) teeth. Good thing I have happy pills. Not to sure about the happy part.

Weather is typical windy and cold, of course not windy enough to blow the leaves into the empty fields. What is happening as I look out the living room window is the leaves that fell on the empty field are blowing onto the yard! There is only 32 acres in our front field to collect them. Good thing I have a riding lawn mower. I reinvented some lawn mower blades that blow like a jet engine. So its not to hard to fight mother nature.

Check in time everyone.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Peg, the exercise teacher whose mother with MS relapses when she's in the water for swimming must be the first time I've heard anything negative about swimming and MS. I'm wondering if anyone checked the water temperature when this woman was having her relapses?

Busy here catching up on appointments that I put off during the summer months. I've been to the podiatrist. He says I have a cyst on one foot, but no problem unless I'd like surgery which I wouldn't like. The bunions are doing OK (no worse, no better), and new diabetic shoes are going to be ready soon. Tomorrow it's a trip for some fasting blood work I have to have done periodically, plus a flu shot.

Later there will need to be a hearing test and a hearing aid checkup. I've had these aids for 8 years now and don't seem to be hearing so well lately.

Somebody called me from school the other day--a total surprise as I'd lost touch with her since we were about 13! She was never a loud person, and I couldn't understand half of what she was saying but was so astonished by her call that I didn't think to tell her I couldn't hear well.

If your hearing hasn't been great for quite a while, you get in the habit of letting things that are said go by you. You assume you probably heard right, and if you didn't, you don't want to keep saying "What?" all the time.

I go through the alphabet sometimes trying to figure out what word a person actually said. Was that "bell" or "dell" or "fell"?

I hope nobody has been hit by the snowstorms.

renee, for instance?

When I lived in Massachusetts, there was a fierce ice storm on May 9 one year. No power for 4 days, and it was still quite cold out. The lack of heat had some of us scurrying to motels and burning furniture in our fireplaces. New England isn't for sissies. (Being a sissy, I left after only a couple of years.)
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Default Happy November Everyone.

This is beautiful, with Floyd Kramer on the piano....
    Enjoy, Sally

http://www.openmyeyeslord.net/trainride.htm

It takes awhile to load...sorry.

Last edited by SalpalSally; 11-02-2011 at 05:29 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

I live in MA and there are still folks without power to the west of me. Some friends to the south just got theirs back last night.

Ours stayed on thank goodness. We only lost internet and cable for a few hours Sunday! :)

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

We had no power for 52 hours. We got it back yesterday. Linda is still without power. I had/have a cold which would have been gone except for freezing cold house. Typically setting off MS crap-vertigo, exhaustion.

Thankfully we had a snow day today. I started a new teaching job last week. I couldn't have called in sick. It's only two afternoons a week. I am trusting I'll be better tomorrow.

First time teaching in 5 years. I figured if I didn't take the risk I'd never know if I can do it. Thanks to Ampyra, I can.

~Susan (whose husband is skiing at Killington today. He couldn't resist.)
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

Susan- that is a long time. Many are still w/o power. If you are speaking (smoke signals?) w Linda give her my best wishes. I hope she is warm.

ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

Hi Ann,
    I spoke with her this afternoon. Her phone is working intermittently. They have heat a part of the house from the greenhouse generator. Their power may be out for another week. Yikes! She is in good spirits though. I'll pass on your regards.
    ~Susan
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

We had snow but only a little under an inch. Took three days to have it melt though as it's staying in the 30s during the day. Went to Boston yesterday to meet an old boyfriend that I had not seen in 37 years...since he came to visit during the time I had brought David home from Houston to introduce my future husband to friends and family. Mike (old BF) is now one of the world's leading stem cell researchers. He is going tomorrow to a conference in Miami with the company that did Peg's therapy although he has principally worked with ES (Embryonic Stem Cells). We had a delightful visit.

To the MS Dream Center here this morning for Bible Study, Financial planning seminar and a story teller telling haunted tales of our area. Now we have a houseguest from ME who just came to the door as I was writing this and dinner is almost ready to go on the table.

Later...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast