Thread: One heck of a Monday!

Default One heck of a Monday!

Monday I had one heck of a seizure just outside a local grocery store. This of course caused me to do a nose dive into the cement, in doing so, not only scraped up my face, hands, knees, but the impact also caused a subdural hematoma. (bleeding between the dura mater and the brain) I was taken by ambulance to the nearest trauma hospital where I received a CAT scan. I also received 4mgs morphine every 2 hours After they admitted me, they surprised me by putting me in a private room! Then I had to look forward to every 2 hours to give me a neurological test, and would not let me eat in case surgery was necessary. That was the worst part of it since I had not eaten since Sunday night. But they discharged me, saying the hematoma had not increased in size, and that I'd need to get it check again in a week or so to be sure. Walking out of the hospital, I tripped and fell on the way to the car where my wife was waiting. All in all, not a good start to the week.
    Last edited by Firehorse; 10-27-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    Firehorse

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Firehorse,

I'm so sorry that you had a bad sz. and that you were hurt. I have noticed a big increase in my sz. also since it's fall and winter season. Try using the cold water therapy that I have been doing if you notice a sz. is going to happen put cold water on your face
    and neck this will calm the neurons down. You might want to do it every day to play it safe. I did it 3 times a day at the same time and it worked great. Just take it easy on yourself and don't over do it. My prayers are with you. Wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Firehorse,
    Question: Do you have a warning before a generalized seizure? Reason I ask is because I'm not aware of one now, but at one time I did.

Linnie

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Firehorse - No advice..... just sending you best wishes and care.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry you had such a rough day.

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Oh, I'm sorry firehorse. That musta hurt. Then when you were in the hosp. it must have made you sorta mad not to be able to eat.

Before my GMs were controled, I never had a warning that one was coming.
    Lorraine (lor)

Thanks for all the well wishes, it means a lot.
    Linnie, yes, I normally have a fairly long aura before a generalized tonic clonic seizure.
    In this case, my intent was to make it to the back seat of the car, but instead I had the seizure in the parking lot.
    I am never very good at communicating once I start having the aura.
    In fact I am very bad about telling others that I might actually have a seizure, thus my wife was taken completely by surprise.

I wasn't all that mad that they wouldn't let me eat.... Just HUNGRY!!!! All they would give me was 6ozs of ice chips every 6 hours, and 4mgs of morphine every 2 hours!
    Last edited by Firehorse; 10-27-2011 at 10:19 PM.
    Firehorse

New Community Member

Hey!

Have not been on in a while. I am sorry to read about this! Take it easy for a bit and big hugs to you!

Stace