Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NPR- Screen names.

Community Member

Smile NPR- Screen names.

Since it's kinda slow here, I thought maybe it would be interesting to find out how each of us came up with our screen names.

Mine is a old nickname I have for many years. My youngest brother couldn't say I was his brother, so it came out I was his Burr, so it stuck for many years now. If this seems silly to some of you, I'm sorry, just don't reply.

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Hey Burr, my grandchildren named me GING , short for Ginger,
    But when my brother could not say ginger, he said Goggy, so my family called me Goggy all my life :) funny how we keep these names, they are extra special because they come with a memory of family .

I'm AnnieB.123. Easy--

My given name is "Annie." (Annie was a nickname that never stuck, but as an adult, people started using it.)
    "B"is my last initial.
    "123" are for my 3 children.

I think that this is a fun thread. I always try to figure out what inspired screen names, vanity license plates, meanings for certain tattoo, etc...

Fun, let's keep it up!

Best to everyone and my hopes to you for pain free days.

Annie B.

Dear Burr....

I always wondered....about peoples names, too....

I wanted to find a name that when used....would get a bit of the same vibration...as doing OM's...and I would do OM's...under my breath as I worked...and be busy...and my friend called me a little hummer...kind of stuck.....

Blessings on us all....

Distinguished Community Member

I was Buttons on the OLD BT. then when we had to register again someone else decided to be Buttons. thus I became Buttons2. I used to collect buttons.

I am always wondering what peoples screen names mean to them etc so of course I think this is an excellent question. My husband and I waited a long time for children, finally gave up and adopted. I called them my pride and joy.

Well when grandchildren came, joy it was.

I am boring and straightforward so my screen name is my name. As I have become more savy about not puttin info on computer sites I use Vesuvius as my screen name because I remember it from studing acient Greece and the Med but it also lets people know I can blow up now and then:).
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Smile Can I chime in??????:)

:) I chose mine, because, at the time, I had a good friend, here, who, went by, "Ponyguy". I'm sure, Mark will remember him??? :)

Phyllis
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 10-30-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Phyllis, I remember Ponyguy and you. It is good to see you still check this place out now and then. I hope you are doing well and enjoying life.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Default Hey, Mark!!:)

I may not be posting, but, yep, I'm keeping an eye on you, still! ...Lol... I knew, you'd remember Gene!! I'm hanging in, there!
    *confused I hope, you're, doing like-wise?? Nice to "see" you, again, I'll be back!

Phyllis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast