No announcement yet.

A hard call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dear Jan, I'm glad Hank is resigned to you doing the driving. It can be a real war sometimes. You need all the help you can get and if that is a big load off of you, then that is great.

I know I had a time with Kens dad when I was there, day in and day out. I heard his truck crank up one day and I flew out of that house so fast you would think I had wings!! I asked him where he was going and he said he was just seeing if it would crank!! I know what he was doing, he was checking to see if one of his sons had disabled the trucks and car!! Yes, we had a time with him.

now my own Mom desided on her own about not driving. When we found out she had a brain tumor they did brain surgery. That was her decision whether to do surgery or not It was malignant. When brother drove her back from the hospital she told him that she guessed that meant she wouldn't be driving anymore. She told him to take her car to his house.

Now MIL, that was a different story. She was dificult about everything. Bless her, I knew it was the disease, but that didn't help the one that was attached at the hip with her. Some mighty hard days. you girls helped me thru it and I'm thankful every day of my life.

Ging, it sounds like you are having a time. I hope you were able to talk with your sons Thanksgiving. the 1st time I took MIL to the Neuro Dr. he told her she had Alzheimers D. He told her to get her affairs in order. After that it was like pulling teeth to get her to do anything that needed to be done.

Jeannie, I know it is going hard for you right now. My heart hurts for all of you. Pati, you have a chit load of stuff on you right now. I pray you will have the strength to make decisions that family don't want to do themselvs. Many times when one does make decisions the whole family will get angry at you. I mean KIN family too. Just do what you know is right because they Don't know. They don't come around enough to know. I think about you often.

So many of you have things going down that hill real fast. Please remember I am here and if I

can just listen let me know. I love you all. jo s

ps:Pati, I was in your shoes so to speak. I had no authority to make any decisions, but I had to make some and the family still have nothing to do with me. Had I not done some things it would have been pure hell. When Mary was dying I was treated like an outsider. My name wasn't even in the obituary. that kinda stung, but its done and no reason for me to hold a grudge.
    Last edited by Jo6; 11-26-2011, 01:30 PM.
    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

for my brother Ben

Comment

thanks Jo. let's just say this was the last
      thanksgiving dinner I will ever make. my patience wasn't with me I'm afraid. I was sorry my son was here to witness my anger.

I do try to always count my blessings.

Comment

This is really a hard call to make. I want to say you that you should pray to God to make you easier for leading a nice and healthy life.

Comment

My Hank has been in a nursing home for over two years now. When he asks me what kind of place KLManor is, I tell him it's like a hospital. He had fallen and hurt his shoulder so I told him was there for therapy for that. Now he has a really bad infection on his toes and I took photos of them and now he is there because the doctor wanted him there so the nurses could do the wound care. Then I show him the photos, but he's not buying that story as much as he did.
          I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Comment

My dear Jan, its been awhile. I do pray things are better for you, but knowing the way of Alzheimer's Disease it's probably harder in many ways. I think of you often, wonder if Hank is excepting his new/old home.

You have been faithful, going the extra mile for Hank. He is lucky he has you as his caregiver and also his wife. I still smile when I think of some of the funny things that the 2 of you had very early on. Remember the wreck and the "broken" arm? Ken and I could identify with many things you posted. Of course it was either laugh or cry and laughing seemed a much better option.

Mary passed 3 years ago in May. For her it was a blessing. Of course we were sad, but also thankful she passed on to a much better place.

Is Jan taking care of Jan?? You must do that!! How is your health problems? I hope things are going better there.

Football season! Of course the Packers, but I'm still a SeaHawks, have been for years. Last year was the icing on the cake. Are you and sisters still watching together? I hope you all can still enjoy a little of life these days.

Better close before this computer dumps my off. I love you Jan and hope all is as well as possible. much prayers,

haws fan. Been one for years.
            Last edited by Jo6; 12-02-2014, 06:59 AM.
            Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle

for my brother Ben

Comment

Hank now has Macular Degeneration (sp?) in both eyes, the left one is "wet" has blood inside of the eyeball, so now he in KLM because his left eye is fuzzy and the nurses are treating his eyes. Although he had a bout with a flu-like infection, he is doing remarkably ok. KLM has been bought out by the local hospital and they are changing the name, but I will still tell him that he is at Kristi Lee and still tell him it is like a hospital. It might confuse him if I didn't. I have noticed an improvement since the take-over. I don't get that "deer in the headlight look" from the new personal when I have a question. Oh ya, when I have a meal, once or twice a week, with Hank it seems to be of a higher quality.
              I'm just where God wants me to be, not one step ahead nor one step behind........

Comment

Jan it is so wonderful to get news from you. I hope you are holding up well good enough. I don't know how to word most of mysentences much anymore, now that I don't get out hardly any. no practice with keepin g up a discussion, lol that is my excuse.

Comment

now Joy, you do just fine!! I'm just happy you are getting back to the computer. Yes, it is also good to hear from Jan. She has her hand's full to say the least and my love and prayers both go out to Hank and Jan both.

Joy I pray you are doing well too. Just keep on pushing on and you'll make it after all. I'm just a few days from being 6 months out of the hospital. That has been the longest time I have been away from the "funny farm"

Take care all, lets get this forum going again, eh?

my love, Julia s

for my brother Ben

Comment

Working...
                  X