Thread: Ipad and Photosensitive seizures

Question Ipad and Photosensitive seizures

hi everyone i have not been here for a long time . I have a question about ipads. my computer is slow . I have looked at ipads in the store, they seem ideal very accessible and pportable .
    I am concerned though as the screen is bright with glare . I have seizures and migraines that can be triggered by fluorescent lights, flickering lights glare etc. also activity that requires me to move my eyes quickly . I would hate to spend so much on an ipad only to be unable to use it .
    do any of you have an ipad ? do you get a headache or seizures when using it? thank you for your help

Distinguished Community Member

Hi loli,

I don't have an Ipad nor do I own a cell phone. A few yrs. ago I found out that I was photosensitive just like you and in turn the different color lights triggered sz. You should ask your Dr. to do a special e..e.g. on you where they flash
    different color lights one at a time to see what colors trigger the sz. the most for you. Years ago when I worked on the old apple IIe computer the monitor was fluorescent green and after being on the computer for 5 min. or less I would
    always have a sz. Try to make the color on your screen a little darker so the brightness doesn't trigger any sz. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Community Member

On my iPhone or iPodTouch it wil seem bright if the room is dark, and I will simply turn down the brightness. There is no flickering to worry about.

Gosh Porkette you are making me think of the first old Mac I had with the monochrome 6 inch display!

Thankfully the entire line from Apple does not have a flickering problem.

--Travis

side note

There is a screen laminate you can buy for the apples that get rid of the format the screen is in (glare) and also will protect your screen. It may be the Invisi-Shield line if I'm thinking correctly. Plus, the screen laminates are lifetime warranty. If you ever need your device serviced, remove the laminate, stick t on a sheet of paper, and send it in to the company. They will ship you out a replacement free of charge.
    Last edited by Travis from MN; 02-28-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: needed to add more

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Unhappy

I have a one year old Toshiba Laptop and I'll be darned if the settings will work for me so I can turn tthe brightness down. I am so sensitive too. Even just a short session online affects my vision and the visual issues that it involves.

On my old PC I was alway fiddling with the brightness and contrast, it was right on the front of the monitor, a series of buttons.

Anyone have any advice for me? On the new laptop the settings are In the left side of the screen but they don't seem to change anything.

Community Member

Default ipad2 reaction

Quote Originally Posted by loli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hi everyone i have not been here for a long time . I have a question about ipads. my computer is slow . I have looked at ipads in the store, they seem ideal very accessible and pportable .
    I am concerned though as the screen is bright with glare . I have seizures and migraines that can be triggered by fluorescent lights, flickering lights glare etc. also activity that requires me to move my eyes quickly . I would hate to spend so much on an ipad only to be unable to use it .
    do any of you have an ipad ? do you get a headache or seizures when using it? thank you for your help
    I have not noticed any reaction that I may have to the operating of my ipad2 However, I have not reacted to light accept in the hospital under severe sleep deprivation and having a strobe light used on me during a VEEG monitering.