Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would the stress of having, to yell and scream at someone, at, the top of your lungs,

Distinguished Community Member

Question Would the stress of having, to yell and scream at someone, at, the top of your lungs,

make you feel like, a seizure was coming on? Could getting that, upset, do that to the brain???

Phyllis
    Last edited by Ponygirl; 03-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponygirl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    make you feel like, a seizure was coming on? Could getting that, upset, do that to the brain???

Phyllis
    Well, common sense tells you that it is not healthy.

Hi Phyllis,

I know that if I get into an argument with someone it increases the stress and stress effects a persons hormones and triggers sz. sometime. Go for a walk, listen to some music if you are under stress.
    I've been doing music therapy and I've found that listening to music helps calm my nerves down so I don't have as many sz. when I'm under stress. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sue, thank you, I was hoping, you'd come along!:) Well, the walk is out, since, it's pouring. But, relaxing on-online, really helps!:) I just really need to get away from my trigger which, is my mother. Not, the easiest thing, to do, when, I live with her!:(:( Thanks so much, again, Sue!!:)

Phyllis

Distinguished Community Member Barque's Avatar

Unhappy

I'd have to say yes. I know straining at stool can also cause trouble in your head. Is your bp high to begin with? Maybe you could take a chip of a beta blocker, that'll slow things down within a few minutes. I let it dissolve in my mouth so it works quicker and go lay down with a fan blowing at your head. Just a suggestion that works for me.

Barque, my blood pressure has always been perfectly, normal. In fact, I just had a Dr.'s appt., the other day and
    had it checked.

Phyllis

I'm not sure, but there might be something to this. Doesn't the term Hot-headed
    refer to it?

Linnie

Emotional stress in any form could affect me. What Linnie described is an emotional stress. There are lots of feelings associated with and involved in that type of interaction which include not only the feelings and behaviors before that prompted the interaction, those during it and those after as well. Rather emotionally turbulent. Having a release valve so to speak of whatever works for you would be the next right thing to do as well as planing how to handle those situations so that we do not compromise ourselves. Call a friend or another and refocus fast. Sort of like taking a drink of ice water after swallowing something too hot. If you have the VNS, it may be a time to give yourself a boost to stop the process that might be underway. Tattoo

Red face

Sitting calmly at the doctor's office having your bp taken is not screaming and fighting wih someone.

You may have labile or wildly fluctuating bp as I do. One minute I'm fine then one little thought or incident and mine goes through the roof.

I recently started checking mine at home periodicly. I bought a self testing bp cuff at Walmart for about $20. It's not the greatest or most expensive but it gives me an idea of where I'm at.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by linniec View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure, but there might be something to this. Doesn't the term Hot-headed
    refer to it?
    Linnie
    Exactly. :o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast