Thread: Functional MRI Results

Hybrid View

Post Functional MRI Results

Hi Everyone! I just received my functional MRI results back and once again I am somewhat worried but then again, I am not! Reason is my Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer in August and it spread to her bones! needless to say I am more concerned with her right now than myself! anyway quick question. I have several areas of Encephalomalacia and a small area of chronic Hygroma, I go back to the Cleveland Clinic to see my Epi and the neurosurgeon in late Oct also having a visual eye field test done! just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the two things I have going on up there? also I had my Tbi in 2006 and Epi showed exactly six months almost to the day of my injury. I am left handed and my trauma happen to the right side! and my speech is on the left! Best Regards as always Jeff:angel:
    Last edited by tigerchef1969; 10-19-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: mistake

Distinguished Community Member

HI Jeff. If you google both terms, you can find out what each means. The encephalomalacia according to the source I googled sounds like it could easily be due to your TBI. The other one, Hygroma, refers to a collection of fluid as you would find in a fluid filled cyst. Are you sure it read chronic instead of cystic? BY the way I have hada visual fient est. My optometrist had a concern and told me to see an opthamologist who did that test. She also did an MRI too. I learned that I have an area in each visual field, left and right, that is missing a section that resembles a section of a pie. I was told it is called Pie in the Sky, and she thinks it is from my surgery. I have no idea why exactly, and it does not affect my vision that I am aware of anyway. She didn't add anything else except my neurosurgeon did a good job. I know that though. lol I am glad you have an appt coming up. I think the Cleveland Clinic must be a great place. It has such a great reputation for epilepsy care. I'd love to work in their Epilepsy Center. Tattoo

Thanks Tattoo! yes the result did read chronic hygroma! Thanks for the other input as well, and yes the Cleveland Clinic is quite the amazing place eveytime I go I get lost cause it gets bigger everytime and now they pretty much have a mall u can shop in and eat some good food at! but there epilepsy center has got to be one of the best! I guess Ohio and Cleveland does have some advantages, since all are teams suck now! God Bless Jeff