Thread: Grant went to the pool today and is back in olympic training :)

Distinguished Community Member

Smile Grant went to the pool today and is back in olympic training :)

19th October 2011

G'day neuro buddies.

Today was a very momentous day, because we took Grant swimming again. He, believe it or not, hasn't been swimming since around October last year = crumbs, time does fly. With the issues we had last year, I have been extremely protective of Grant. With the very cold weather also, I would not take Grant to the pool.

But today was warm 28 degrees = 82 Farenheit, so we chucked Grant in the Grantmobile and off we went.

A carer who has never taken Grant swimming came also. But she does have experience at this pool as she takes another client weekly :)

Grant did well in his olypmic training

I planned starting with a half hour training session, but there was someone in the pool who wanted to talk, so Grant ended up in the pool for about 1 1/2 hours! He did very well considering that it is a year since we have been.

DANIEL AND CASSIE

Cassie, the life guard/children's swimming instructor was sited, although she didn't see us. She came to Grant's 18th birthday. Isn't that wonderful. She is only 21 and an absolute gem.

Daniel, today was assistant pool manager. He came up and said hello. He also came to Grant's 18th birthday with Cassie. He is fantastic.

We saw Jamie in the pool. He has acquired brain injury. Half his side doesn't work. He is bright as can be and has a very wicked sense of humour.

Now, when the weather is good, I will take Grant to his olympic training once a week on Wednesday's. We are getting back to a normal routine. I plan taking Grant more than once a week, but we will move slowly towards a full training schedule :cool

Grant at the moment is frizzed like Bianca's tail. He is totally conked out. We think he will sleep well tonight.

Hugs of course to each of your very, very special unique kiddos and seeya,

Paul, Alison and Grant getting back to olympic training :)
    Grant's story in pictures and music. A must see :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZGlwj6VCQ
    Seeya there :)

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just keep that good news coming!!!!

And to think that anyone would try to separate you from the Champ ... it's mind boggling.

As for quality of life ... well, I think swimming on a warm day sure equates to quality of life.

Sweet Dreams Champ! :)

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

Hi!

So glad to hear Grant is back in the pool! I bet it feels nice for him to float and relax in the water. That is so great that your schedule is getting back to normal, may it be so for a very long time!! :)

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!