Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you start (I hope this works)

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default When did you start (I hope this works)

http://web.archive.org/web/200304141...000&LastLogin=

I looked on here & found I started coming to BT in February 2000.
    Last edited by lor; 10-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    Lorraine (lor)

Blog Entries

May of 2001. Hadn't realized I'd been here 10 years until David and I were talking (wishfully) about the old archives during the first days of the current setup.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

New Community Member

Red face when I stared brain talk

I started brain talk in 2003

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Lor,

I was looking at some old post and I was using braintalk back in 2000 but before that forum there was another form of braintalk where it was laid out different and that was back in the late 1990's.
    This past week I got my Neurology Now magazine for Oct and November and they spoke about braintalkcommunities and how many neuros. have seen their patients come to them with info. from braintalk.
    I know it's been very educational and everyone has helped me a lot over the yrs. Here's wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

Sue
    Last edited by Porkette; 10-16-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Sue, Maybe you remember how the main page was laid out. This was just the epilepsy page/site.
    Lorraine (lor)

Community Member

Can't remember exactly but we were using Windows 3.1 when I started posting. I was reading something using DOS 6.2 but I don't think I tried to post then. Not sure if it was BrainTalk or not. So before 1995, if there was anything before 1995.
    hugs and chocolate to everyone

I used to use those doves allot, like that too.....the one on one side of the 'thing' & one on the other
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Lor,

The main page had the persons question and then anyone who wanted to respond t the question would write their repsonse but you had to click the persons response to read it
    Ex. Epilepsy Question (main question someone posted)
    Porkette re: My answer to the question (click on the response and see what I had written to the person)

Here's wishing You well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Sue, You made me think of the 1st epilepsy site I went to allot. Does anyone here know of it? I don't think it's been aroung for awhile. All I remember about how to get there, was "debra" was in the URL. Does anyone know of it?
    Lorraine (lor)

I joined in either 2004 or 2005, to use the chat room. BT hadn't updated to flashchat yet, so I did get to see the one where we could use the graphics.

Sue, Maybe you remember how the main page was laid out. This was just the epilepsy page/site
    Could this be what you're asking about lor?
    MGH BrainTalk Homepage

I put a link to the old forum Poetry on Forum Feedback earlier. Here's a link to the Epilepsy Poetry Menu. These are archives, not the actual forum posts from 4/11/96-11/29/98.

Even though I wasn't a member back then, I've always had an interest in searching wayback for website archives.
    Last edited by Michelle83; 10-20-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Life's greatest gifts are often found in friendships.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast