Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about paragraph breaks and italics

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Questions about paragraph breaks and italics

I'm still having problems with paragraph breaks. The MS board has made a point of trying to break text up into fairly short paragraphs because of our information-processing and vision problems.Would paragraph breaks happen automatically if HTML were enabled here?I've tried using the greater-than/less-than symbols and [br][/br] without any luck yet.[NEW PARAGRAPH HERE PLEASE]And will we eventually have access to refinements like choosing italics?
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Blog Entries

There were some unrealized template problems (never got an error so thought there were no problems) that cropped up during the upgrade. I'm working with some of the folks that make templates for vB to try to find a solution that works (tried many none worked yet).

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

To make a new paragraph I just press "enter" twice like I would when typing on an email or word document. That works here too.

But because of your condition you may need something that I am not aware of so I am sorry if I am of no help.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Trying out the new paragraph situation.

I just pressed the "return" key on my keyboard and voila'! A new paragraph.

Like funnylegs4, this is the way I make paragraphs in email and word documents (and on the old BT forums).

We probably had some feature on the old BT that I didn't know existed! :) But for me, double spacing to make a new paragraph works.

Love & Light,

Rose

PS: One thing that I will have to do is to enlarge the font or try to change the type font default setting, because this font in front of me now is microscopic ~ way too small for this old lady's peepers! :)
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Blog Entries

funnylegs and EarthMother2Angels,

I've always made new paragraphs by pressing the Enter (Return) button twice but it wasn't working for me here.

Then I went back to the Settings where I'd had Enhanced WYSIWYG Interface checked and found a statement there to the effect that that setting won't work for some people.

I tried changing the setting to Basic (the second setting on the list of three) and found that I can now do paragraph breaks.

Problem solved--except that as I recall the Enhanced interface was the only one that enables a poster to do italics, different font colors, etc.

I'm hoping that this problem will be ironed out as time goes by.

I moved everybody (except admins, mods, directors) to the "registered users" group. This group can not do anything but post. Once you make your 11th post you should be able to use bbcodes. Although a bug with the user posts exists it shouldn't affect the "promotion".

Blog Entries

Although this shouldn't affect the line breaks. This issue was supposedly fixed with this update. But I won't know for sure until more people test it and tell me if it doesn't work

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

The Enhanced WYSIWYG Interface also allowed you to add pictures from your files to your posts. I miss that a lot. I hope tha Mike or any other nice guru can reinstate that, so that we can enhance our posts,

Everything else is just a matter of getting used to .....like navigating this mixed up place..LOL!

Thanks for what you have done and continue to do, to make this place as nice as you can for us computer idiots...((((Hugs to ALL))))
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Alot of the issues could be due to members not being "promoted" out of the "registered users" group. The reg users group can only post ... they can't do anything else until they've been registered for x days and have made y posts. That's part of the spam control. So before you ask us to look into your account ... try posting a few more times to see if you have met the quota for promotion.

Blog Entries

Maybe it was in another thread but somewhere I read that after 11 posts a person gets "promoted" from the Registered User category. I've posted more than 11 times but am not noticing any change, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast