This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10/2006-8/2011 Archives

The archives for the BrainTalk Communities forums covering the period between October, 2006 - August 11, 2011 will continue to be accessible in read only format. They are located at Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 09-19-2011, 10:25 PM. Reason: updated archive url
    "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

So does this mean that you are not moving the old threads? That's going to kinda suck with many having taken on a life of their own.
    Brad

Comment

Thanks so much for letting our old posts be visible!!!!! And posting the link to them!!!!!!!!!! It is a bit sad that you didn't move the posts,but I'm glad to still be able to see them. I might repost some stuff since nobody can reply to the archives.
      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Feel free to copy and paste any post(s), of any thread in the archives when starting a thread here, in order to continue a discussion. Please don't forget to quote the original poster by surrounding them with quote tags that include "quote=username" in the 1st tag. In this way you can "bridge the gap" between the old and the new.
        "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Prop1 View Post
          So does this mean that you are not moving the old threads? That's going to kinda suck with many having taken on a life of their own.
          I agree! Basically you started a new web site and we have to go back to the old "read only" forum that many of us keep adding useful links to and have great discussion's going on. Not a fan of this set up at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Prop1 View Post
            I also agree. Some threads live for many years and get rarely updated, but are very valuable to some. I recently joined BT to add to one of them and now its down in the dungeons...

This is not a general chitchat site, but really important and valuable to many. You shouldn't just wipe and restart everything.

If this is a technical issue, I am sure it can be solved.

Comment

One possible way of restoring threads from the old board would be to start a new thread with the old title and some indication of the original poster's user name, then put a link to that thread in the message window. You need to go to the archived board and find the thread you want, highlight its URL, and copy and paste it.

Those who see your new thread will need to click on the link but at least they'll get the entire thread and can carry on with replies in your new thread....
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

We couldn't move the old threads/posts over due to the new forum restructuring. All posts have an id to attach it to a thread. All threads have an id to attach it to a forum. All forums have their own ids that attach it to a category. The restructuring changed all of the category and forum id's making it virtually impossible to bring over the old threads. It was time to update the forum structure as we had way too many inactive forums, a couple of redundant forums, and added some new ones.

While the flow of the threads has been drastically altered, none of the information is lost.
                Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Hi David ~

When I click on the link in your original post for the archives, I do not get the old BT forum. I get a page with this message:

404 Error File Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed,
                  had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

If you typed in the URL, please check the spelling
                  You can try to click the Back button and try another link

I also copied/pasted the URL in my browser, and the same 404 Error message appeared.

Please tell me that our old BT forum is not gone.

Thanks for all you do for our community.

Love & Light,
                  Rose
                  Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

The old forums are still available. Feel free to bookmark Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and you won't have any trouble reaching them.
                    It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people whose posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Moderator #5

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out Rose :) The link was pointing to the temporary address for the archives, I have updated it to the current one which is the same one Mod #5 posted :)

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the link, Mike. I've bookmarked it as suggested. I just wanted to make sure that everyone could continue to access the old forum archives. I'm very grateful that they are still there.

Love & Light,
                        Rose
                        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Archives for my username only went back to 2009

Hi,
                          My thanks also for keeping the archives - what a relief!
                          My only problem is that when I search them with my username, they only go back to 2009. I started regularly posting in 2007, and those posts are really important to me to access - what can you do to help me retrieve the earlier ones - I'd really like to copy them to tell my story to others down the road. I posted in the Hydrocephalus, CSF leak and the Trigeminal Neuralgia forums, all three were shown, but only back to that date.
                          Much thanks!
                          1Lily

Comment

Hi 1Lily :)

On the archives if you don't "fine tune a search" it will return the 1000 most recent results (I just increased this, did not notice it was only 150 before). If you want to find older posts you need to use the Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and fine tune the search to a specific category or forum, or a date range (ie 1 year and older), or keyword(s).

Since both the active forums and the archives are on the same server, you can only search the archives once every 5 minutes due to the amount of resources it takes to search a forum that large.

A better option (in regards to using resources to search) is to use google. Follow the example below (replacing my name with yours) and you should find all of your posts via google. Click on the result and it will bring you directly to the post in the thread.

mike weins site:Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Is there any way to get to the 2004 archives? Someone on the MS board has asked about finding some posts from that year. I've tried several ways but no luck so far.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X