Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10/2006-8/2011 Archives

Blog Entries

Thanks for pointing that out Rose :) The link was pointing to the temporary address for the archives, I have updated it to the current one which is the same one Mod #5 posted :)
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for fixing the link, Mike. I've bookmarked it as suggested. I just wanted to make sure that everyone could continue to access the old forum archives. I'm very grateful that they are still there.

Love & Light,
    Rose

New Community Member

Default Archives for my username only went back to 2009

Hi,
    My thanks also for keeping the archives - what a relief!
    My only problem is that when I search them with my username, they only go back to 2009. I started regularly posting in 2007, and those posts are really important to me to access - what can you do to help me retrieve the earlier ones - I'd really like to copy them to tell my story to others down the road. I posted in the Hydrocephalus, CSF leak and the Trigeminal Neuralgia forums, all three were shown, but only back to that date.
    Much thanks!
    1Lily

Blog Entries

Hi 1Lily :)

On the archives if you don't "fine tune a search" it will return the 1000 most recent results (I just increased this, did not notice it was only 150 before). If you want to find older posts you need to use the advanced search and fine tune the search to a specific category or forum, or a date range (ie 1 year and older), or keyword(s).

Since both the active forums and the archives are on the same server, you can only search the archives once every 5 minutes due to the amount of resources it takes to search a forum that large.

A better option (in regards to using resources to search) is to use google. Follow the example below (replacing my name with yours) and you should find all of your posts via google. Click on the result and it will bring you directly to the post in the thread.

mike weins site:http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/archives/06_11/

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is there any way to get to the 2004 archives? Someone on the MS board has asked about finding some posts from that year. I've tried several ways but no luck so far.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Administrator/Community Manager David Hosobuchi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by agate View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any way to get to the 2004 archives? Someone on the MS board has asked about finding some posts from that year. I've tried several ways but no luck so far.
    I never like to say there isn't a way, or that there is no hope in completing any specific task. Unless our former SYSOP JL was grossly mistaken in his reports when we did meet online, he had made backups of the database on several occasions in 2004-06, so somewhere, they did exist. Locating them now so our new SYSOP, Mike, can restore them, is the challenge we face. Though indeed, so far no luck.
    David Hosobuchi
    Administrator/Community Manager
    BrainTalk Communities Inc.

"The most determined win."

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the prompt reply. I did manage to find the archives for 2000-2002 but couldn't find any others. It really would be helpful to have access to them.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Blog Entries

Indeed it would, but since the former sysop simply refuses to communicate with anyone about BT .... it's going to be a tough task.

Step 1 - log in

New Community Member

Hey David, thanks for letting us access those past forums...brings back lots of memories that I've lost...I wrote on the new person wall cuz after so many years I become a new person again...
    Why can't we have an instant chat room again? Just a question, you may have answered it to someone years ago, I don't know...

Blog Entries

Hi :)

Because there isn't a secure chat option available, and nobody used the chat room that was installed for at least two years.

Step 1 - log in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12