Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What part of the brain that controls MH/MR, CP, Bipolar, eyes?

Default What part of the brain that controls MH/MR, CP, Bipolar, eyes?

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me?

I am 29 years old, and live in Bethlehem, PA. I fell when I was a little boy multiple of times, and that includes falling off of a ladder, and as well as a fire escape because I would never listen. Would it be possible that my brain is damaged? I had muscle eye work in the 80, and in 2007 I had the Inferior Oblique muscles operated on. If the brain is damaged, would it be too late to do anything about it? Could it be restored? I refused an MRI because I don't like closed tubes.

Could it be the psych AXIS II levels take place with the brain? What parts of the brain would it be? What neurologists would study these parts of the brain? Would I get a referral from my family doctor to see a neurology surgeon? Or would this be too late since over 20 years has gone by?

Thank you for any replies.

Distinguished Community Member jingle's Avatar

Hi php .... First, second and third thing :) Get an MRI.

There's not a neuro surgeon (and probably not a neuro) that will diagnose your condition without that MRI.
    And if you have one of those easy open tube MRIs and something unusual shows up, you will be told to get an MRI.

I don't understand how can you be more frightened of a common machine you've never tried than what could be happening in your head?

Hi,

I had tried an MRI in past, but I couldn't be in there because I can't breathe when it's closed in. It's not the tube I don't like. It's being closed in that I can't deal with because I can't breathe. I have seasonal allergies that lasts year around.

I didn't know they offer open MRI. I know they offer open CAT Scans.

I can't take any kind of sedatives to calm me because I get addicted really easy. Even with one pill, and it increases.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi php,

Tell your Dr. to refer you to see an epileptologist (Dr. specializing in both neurology and epilepsy). and be sure to go to an Epilepsy Center which are usually at university hospitals. Jingle is correct you will need to have
    an MRI done tell the Dr. how you feel and see if you can get an open MRI done. The fall could have caused the problem you are having. My neighbor injured his head yrs. ago while doing contsruction work and yrs. later he
    began to have seizures. You should also have an e.e.g. done along with a PET and SPECT scan these tests will show a lot more detail of what's going on in your brain. I know that your eyes are controled by the optical lobe
    which is the very back of your head. If a muscle on the right side of a persons body is bothering them it's the left side of the brain that's controling it. and if it's the left side of the body the right side of the brain is controling
    those muscles. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you so much, Sue, for that info.

In my case, my balance was harmed by brain damage called atrophy of the cerebellum.
    Cerebral Palsy, or CP, generally is caused by Damage around Birth.
    Brain Damage , however, can happen at any time. It is my opinion, that while Brain damage is incurable, the brain is plastic, so you can find ways to deal and to florish with it. Studies have shown that people with Brain damage, as well as those with epilepsy ,are more frequently depressed than the general population.

After following Sue's and Jingle's advice, you need to see a Neuro-ophthalmologist about your vision concerns. See the following link to find one of these optomologists who specializes in disorders of both the brain and eyes . Your search can be in your part of the U.S. or even the world.

http://www.nanosweb.org/i4a/member_d...90&showTitle=1

Linnie
    who 1. has mild cerebral palsy
    2. Brain damage
    3. Baad balance
    4. epilepsy
    5. Is very prone to depression
    6. is a Bad and slow typist.
    7. Is no doctor
    Last edited by linniec; 10-08-2011 at 05:12 AM.

I, Linnie, want to delete this posting. It is the Same as the one above it.
    Last edited by linniec; 10-08-2011 at 04:53 AM. Reason: WAnt to delete this posting. It is a duplicate

This Duplicate post was deleted by Linniec . It was the same as above.

Hi everyone,

What part of the brain controls the mental state of mind such as the intelligence levels which are based on IQ testing?

I know when I was a kid I had ADHD really bad. I had an IQ test done about two years ago, and it came back at 68. I know where I am anything under the IQ of 70 would be considered Mentally Challenged. 70, and over would be normal.

I know since I had ADHD I would injure myself by falling a lot. My passed had passed, so my dads nephew took me in for money. He would abuse me by randomly beating me from ages 8-18 to stop me from causing trouble.

Could that be why they diagnosed me with Mentally Retartdation, Mental Health, Bipolar Disorder, CP, all under AXIS II?

Don't put much faith in IQ tests.
    Your life explains a lot.
    If I were you , I'd listen to Sue and Jingle's suggestions.
    By the way, I used my link to search in Pennsylvania, and found quite a few neurooptomologists.

Linnie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast