Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star close S E

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

I know , we all had to re register and earn our distinguished status, ha ha :)

Community Member

Just a few more posts though, Julie. I only had 13 and I'm not "new" anymore :) BTW, I am glad those worked there way out! Our bodies are amazing things!!!
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

Julie, I am just stunned! I can't imagine the star working its way out of my body with out some bleeding of some kind, where does it come out of , the same place in the groin? Geez this is something to think about.
    I think of it as something like a chip bag closer and when I bend my leg and get a pinch the clip will shift off the artery and ...well there goes the chips !!!!
    I always knew you were the one with the latest information, but this defineatly is one for my NIR, I hope it does as you said. Did you actually see them in your net scrubbie? I am amazed the more I think about it.

I went for an ultrasound of the leg with the star closer, I hope I will hear next week,
    The tech asked me if I have an appointment with the doctor after the test,
    I told her only if something shows to be not as it should be. ., she said she could clearly see where they went in,did not mention seeing the star!
    So now I wait... ;-/ hugs to you all
    Julie, thank you for the two new articles !

Community Member

Ging--let us know what you find out! How are you doing?
    Candice-37 years old
    7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
    4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
    September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

I am doing okay still sore, since I bleed for three weeks, the healing was also delayed, I should hear soon. How are you honey? I think so many of our group was lost when BT changed,, I hope more people will find their way here, we have a lot of good caring people like your self that can offer encouragement .
    Thank you for asking Candice ((hug)) to you :)

well the answer is in, I still have a hematoma in my groin from my surgery in september, that is why it still hurts and there is still swelling. the doctors seem to think the body will asorbe it, I hope so , but I have to say three months is a while , I guess I am a slowww healer ;(, any who , I go back in three months , just a week before my next angiogram...ughhh !Then I start again but he said he would use the other side.
    On another topic...I love the Christmas border on the site, very festive :)

It is a wonderfullyfestive border they did for us!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ging ~ that is so too bad about the hematoma. Seems one procedure leaves something behind or leads to yet another procedure..............

I hope your body decides to speed up the absorption soon!!!

There's got to be ways to do so.... Ask your Dr. about applying hot moist heat (micro wave a wet towel) and apply a couple times per day?

If not ~ make a hot moist towel anyhow - wrap in a dry one and put on your back or neck

- THAT won't help the hematoma but you will feel better about the world!!! :o
    Last edited by TropicalTrish; 12-03-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12