Thread: neuro modulation for chronic pain - anyone tried??

Default neuro modulation for chronic pain - anyone tried??

Hi,
    I have neuropathic pain for about 10 years or more, I am trying to find a way of dealing wih it without using pain meds. My pain doctor has suggested this as an alternate way of working with the pain so I may be able to cut down or stop the pain meds I am currently using. I dont't know how I feel about something implanted in my spine.
    Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,
    Wendy

Distinguished Community Member

Wendy, from ready post on spinal boards, it seems like the implant is an iffy thing. Some people love it and others, just as many, finding it a disaster as they have to have it removed. Nobody can say how well it will work for you but be aware it isn't as reliable as the company advertises. Good luck with the decision and I hope it works out well for you.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Community Member

Wendy,
    I have to agree with Mark. There have been allot of negative reports on this. Please decide carefully on this procedure.

Community Member

Wendy,
    I have to agree with Mark. There have been allot of negative reports on this. Please decide carefully on this procedure.

Community Member

Sorry for the double post. I cant find how to delete. Any help on this ?

Hi Wendy,

I am one that had the SCS implant and Mark hit it head on the companies are of course going to rave and the Dr's only know what they are told by the companies and the patients they have had try it.

I have had mine removed after having had 3 revisions done and many, many complications and now complications from all the scar tissue.

Please do your homework better then you ever have if you consider this and if you have any specific questions I will do my best to answer and help ..

Linda