Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ten years with coiling

Distinguished Community Member

Unhappy Ten years with coiling

Hi, I used to post here many years ago but drifted away. In November it will be 10 years since my basilar aneurysm was coiled and what a journey I've been on since.

I had a rupture ten years ago and was coiled due to the location. Since then I was to have another aneurysm. In the pica area.

The basilar annie has never occulded so I'm on the fourth coiling for that one. The pica is on her second coiling. I also have a stent for the basilar.

On September 20th I go for my angio to see if there will be more coilings. Please say a prayer for me. I would like to not have to go through anymore coiling. The pica annie they are trying to talk me into a clipping which scares me to death.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Distinguished Community Member Ging's Avatar

Dawn, I understand you completely, I am recovering from my Basilar coiling right now, I will pray that you will not have to go through any more coilings, they are hard. I am sorry , I don't know what the " pica" is , please educate me okay? I will cheer you on and give you all the support that I can, I know it is scary to think about the clipping, I know many who have done fine with this even though they had extra healing to go through. All of it is hard for sure, but honey you know we are here and one of us will jump in to offer any support we can. I wish you well and please keep posting , you give me hope when I think about my own coiling of the Basilar Aneurysm.hugs to you Dawn and know you are not alone .GING :)

Distinguished Community Member

Thank Ging, a PICA is an aneurysm on the posterior inferior cerebellar artery. It's not a very common place to have an aneurysm.
    Take care,
    Dawn

Hey Dawn,

Well .............welcome back to BT for sure!

10 years!!! You are a survivor but man - rough road for you.

And Coiling was relatively new when you got yours too!

I am 3 years out from stent and 10 coils on the Basilar Tip so Ging and I are twins in a way and now we have you too!

Poor Ging has has just gone thru the Angiogram and Stent and Coiling - so she will have lots of new "stuff" maybe, to tell you!

They are watching another Ane for me on the hypophyseal artery..... Ohhhh well....

Ahhhh yes - this year is the MRI instead of Angiogram for me - but like you I am sure - I have had quite a few - 5 I think.

I never liked anything about them except the bed rest as I normally can't keep still :)

You are NOT going alone though Dawn - I and others will come with you in spirit - you can count on us! We send you good thoughts all day

long and it really helps!

Lots of prayers and lots of great thoughts for you.

My best.

It is certainly a long hard day in the hospital going thru the dratted procedure.
    Last edited by TropicalTrish; 09-20-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Distinguished Community Member Beachgirl's Avatar

Dawn, it's great to see you posting on here again!! I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through, but what an achievement!! 10 years is wonderful! You know that you have the inner strength to face whatever is to come, but as you know, you are never alone here on BT :) I'll send you some white light for your angio.

Hugs,

Nat xx
    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

You know Dawn, if my aneurysm had been in a " clipping position" it would have been my choice of treatment. All this angio check ups and bleeding from the groin site has knocked me on my*** , well you know :) , I would have like to have been done, now I face the dreaded six month angio, plus being on the plavix and looking like I am beaten severally , ughhhh!, :( i have had a few pity parties and would have gone into a full fetal position at times if I could have bent my left leg, but here I am a new morning and hoping for the best :) :) :), we are a close group Dawn, and we can put our worries, fears and just every question that pops into our minds out here and we know someone in our group will jump in and help carry some of the concerns that are too heavy for just you, we care and you have been a help to me already, I am thinking ten years , yes I just might think about a new bucket list for the next ten years :) ! Keep posting and let us know what is happening, GING

Default 10 Years!

Welcome Back Dawn,

Congrats on 10 years after initial coiling. So sorry you've had to have more though. I too, had more coils inserted and another Annie was discovered that they're watching. I will also go through another stressful check up in a month or so. I know you're scared, it's completely understandable after everything you've already been through.

I suppose the double edge sword is that we KNOW what's going on as opposed to not knowing and having a rupture. we can DO something before it gets to that point and yes, there is risk, but look at what you've already survived! WOW! You're amazing. Knowing is good and it's bad, but you're here, right? :-)

Hang in there and keep living.
    Heidi
    Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

Community Member

Dawm. Thinking about you today and saying prayers for good news. I had a rupture 2007 on the left PICA. Was coiled, then a shunt and then liquid onyx the following year. Hang in there and let us know how it goes. Shelly
    Shelly

Hope you are home and resting Dawn, and can give us an update soon as to how things went for you!

I know you must be so tired from yesterday.

Remember to drink drink drink and flush the dye out but no pushing/pulling/bending/lifting for awhile!!!

My best to you
    Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

Dawn, Hope your angio showed good news for you, I hope you are resting and can let us know soon how you are doing :)
    Ging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast