Thread: Long Time

Default Long Time

Wow!, it's been a long time since I've been on Braintalk, and it's nice to be back. I still have chronic pain but honestly 80% of the time it's
    under control of course tho with medications. I was going to see if I was gonna be a candidate for a spinal cord stimulator, but after
    considering everything I've decided to put it off for now, knowing that it will always be there for me if I choose to move forward with it.
    Forgot to mention it would be for my neck, if you've forgotten I'm fused from C3-to C7. I also have Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Sjogrens
    diseases. Plus I'm degenerating in my lumbar and thoracic spine, and my hips as well, all of this is due to my Rheumatoid Arthritis.
    I'll go for now and post more later. Nice to be back.

Glad you re-discovered the place, Karen! Hope to get to know you better in the weeks and months to come!
    My avatar is of my daughter, Andrea, who we lost in a fire on 1/18/11

** Hx of an L4/L5 fusion w/ hardware in April 2002 and taking daily pain meds;
    ** proud Grandma of three grandchildren, Angelo, 11/11/05, and Julianna, 1/3/08, and Penny, 6/20/13

Hi Karen

I have to say if 80% of the time your pain is under control I wouldn't rock the boat and as you said it always an option ..

I had the SCS for thoracic and lumbar unfortunately I was not one it worked well for the trial went great but the implant not so, I had 3 revisions in as many months and told them to just take it out now I deal with problems from all the scar tissue for all the surgeries in the same spot.

Hope you continue to do well.

I have tested positive for lupus but the Dr's have yet to give a diagnosis and all three levels of my spine are a mess along with S1 nerve damage. It seems the list just keeps on growing.LOL

Linda

Distinguished Community Member

Good luck to you and welcome back to the forum. If you have 80% relief I am glad for you - and as YOU said, I would not rock the boat. I did ONCE, regretted it BIG time and was lucky enough to get it turned around. TG. Good Luck
    Blessings
    alex44