Thread: DLA

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Default DLA

Do you know if/think I could get DLA (disabilty living assistance) You have to in some way not be able to get arround or hold a full time job (I read). Epilepsy keeps me from driving (getting arround). I don't know if I could hold a full time job because of seizures once & awhile. Luckily my husband was around when I was getting out of the shower because I started to fall, broke the curtain ring & he caught me. What if meds control some seizures? (the amount you recieve is based on the amount of help you need. If I didn't take lamictal I would have grand mal seizures. I still have complex partials. If I can't get DLA can I get money for my expensive meds?
    Lorraine (lor)

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Lor,

Depending on the amount of sz. you have each month you may be able to get DLA. You would have to go to court to prove that you are disabled and have to see state Drs. as well as get written statements from your Drs.
    that are treating you for epilepsy. Often a person may have to go to court 2-3 times before the judge makes a final decision and they will have to do an update on the case every so often. I'm not sure if this would cover for the
    costs of you AED's I know that if a person is injured on the job then they will have to cover for any medicine or medical exams under workmans componsations insurance. The best thing for you to do is call a lawyer who deals
    with disability cases and take it from there. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue