Need GF & egg-free stand mixer recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need GF & egg-free stand mixer recipes

Does anyone have a recommendation for website(s) and/or books with gluten-free, egg-free baking recipes specific to stand mixers? I'm trying to learn how to use a new stand mixer and all my recipes are mix-by-hand and I have no idea how to do anything with the mixer! The only recipes that came with it are full of gluten and/or eggs, and I'm allergic to eggs (& gluten sensitive).

I had to get the stand mixer (plus a food processor attachment) because my hands are no longer strong or steady enough (tremors) or have enough stamina for cooking & baking, and I need to eat healthier than I did before this most recent round of TPN/Gastroparesis flare-up. I cut my thumb a couple weeks ago because of the tremors and weakness in my hands (thanks to Lyme & coinfections). I wouldn't have done that if my arms & hands weren't worn out from cooking stuff for the previous meal.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions. I can print recipes off the internet just as easily, so websites with good recipes are welcome, as are cookbook titles. I need detailed instructions (like use X beater for Y minutes on setting Z), because I have never used a stand mixer before.

Thanks,

-Razzle
    Gluten Sensitivity (DQ2 & 7), Gastroparesis, chronic borreliosis, etc.
    GF since 7/05

I use all the same recipes with the stand mixer or mix by hand interchangeably.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzle0 View Post
      Does anyone have a recommendation for website(s) and/or books with gluten-free, egg-free baking recipes specific to stand mixers? I'm trying to learn how to use a new stand mixer and all my recipes are mix-by-hand and I have no idea how to do anything with the mixer! The only recipes that came with it are full of gluten and/or eggs, and I'm allergic to eggs (& gluten sensitive).

I had to get the stand mixer (plus a food processor attachment) because my hands are no longer strong or steady enough (tremors) or have enough stamina for cooking & baking, and I need to eat healthier than I did before this most recent round of TPN/Gastroparesis flare-up. I cut my thumb a couple weeks ago because of the tremors and weakness in my hands (thanks to Lyme & coinfections). I wouldn't have done that if my arms & hands weren't worn out from cooking stuff for the previous meal.

Anyway, thanks for any suggestions. I can print recipes off the internet just as easily, so websites with good recipes are welcome, as are cookbook titles. I need detailed instructions (like use X beater for Y minutes on setting Z), because I have never used a stand mixer before.

Thanks,

-Razzle
      Gluten Sensitivity (DQ2 & 7), Gastroparesis, chronic borreliosis, etc.
      GF since 7/05
      Would something like Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... help?
      Attached Files

Comment

Books by Bette Hagman, she has three, my favorite is her second one "More from the Gluten-Free Gourmet". Lots of bread, cookie and main dish meals, she also gives alternatives to using eggs and other ingredients. Most gluten free mixes are very sticky or heavy so a mixer like a Kitchen-Aid is best. Also good products from Vitacost.com.
        If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
        DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
        Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Comment

Working...
        X