Where did all the BT members go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the BT members go?

I remember when this was a huge and busy MS board with tons of members. Where did all the members go, and why did they leave. We know they weren't cured! I left because I felt so good for so long, until this current attack...

I've floated around on assorted MS boards for quite a while now, and every one of them has been experiencing dwindling membership in recent years. I've seen several shut down in fact.

Maybe there were just so many MS boards that there weren't enough people to go around. More likely Facebook, Twitter, and other social media have been newer and more appealing to people.

It was so easy to set up a message board or a blog that many people started their own. There has also been the idea of wanting to share your information only with those who have been preselected by a screening method of some kind--and so there have been private boards.

Some people here have had hard times, too hard for them to keep posting.

Some have become discouraged about posting.

To be quite frank here, when the replies to an information post are statements wondering why a person bothers to post material that everyone could just look up on their own, it can be discouraging.

People who post on these boards are giving their time and usually trying to be helpful. If your reaction to somebody's post is negative, is there really a need to say so? You could just move on to other posts you like better.

Any link that is posted on a board is theoretically something you could look up for yourself. But I've found the links people post to be among the most useful features of a message board, especially this one.

Yes, I could have found that information for myself, but it might have taken me many long hours. Someone else comes in with that information at the ready and transmits it to me. That's nothing short of amazing.

Back when this board was more active, wounded feelings and flaring tempers were common. There are real advantages to a board that doesn't involve so many people. There seem to be fewer misunderstandings nowadays.
    Last edited by agate; 12-05-2014, 04:02 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Hi-
      I can't speak for anyone else but most of my current problems are and will be
      related to depression and the daunting roadblocks to good and even competent care.

Throw in Cuomo Care, belligerent guard dogs to insurance middle men, snow and cold, the delicate and overdue
      4 year trustee maneuvering to establish an inherited SNtrust, last weeks concussion at the pavement base
      of my childhood home steps-every day living is a lot of work.

Who the heck needs to hear about that.

Pharmaceuticals emerge that I can't or wouldn't take.
      I just want a good life with what I have.

I post, but post less.
      It is hard to spend face time with people I know.
      They hike and have inaccessible houses.
      Thank God for accessible cultural venues.

I am grateful that the relaxed board is here.
      Sources to improve life, non-hostile insurance management, solid legal assistance, all sorts,
      are on my permanent wish list.

And would someone tell utilities to stop double billing me.
      Their competence is more at question than my own.

Barf.

-R
      Last edited by renee; 12-06-2014, 03:52 AM. Reason: cuz I can

Comment

These replies make good sense and I thank you for taking the time!

Comment

With very few changes....I could be reading about myself. Sometimes I think the hassles are good for me as it forces me to think and act when I might otherwise sit and stare. So I try to make friends with hassles.

Don't correct this contorted logic Renee. I need the illusion!

MS sucks. The light.
          It sucks everything slowly
          It is hard. So hard.
          Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

Whatever floats your boat, Linda.

Finding the right way to manipulate one's psychology
            is a good travail.

-r

Comment

The board was full of people at one time. I think several things happened apart from what you guys have already noted. When the board began at MGH with John Lester, there were not as many other places to get information. The internet has exploded since that time. Secondly the board was down for significant chunks of time in the mid-00's and I think some people became discouraged and went elsewhere ... Mike seems to have done a great job of getting it up and running and looking robust.

Comment

Sometimes I go to MSWorld to see what people are saying about certain issues. I recognize many usernames as they used to post on Braintalk. When this site was closed many times for long periods and with no communication...the effect was devestating. People lost that lifeline that helped so much. It surprised me how pleasant it is to see familiar names that I thought were gone forever.

Mark, I tried to send you a message. my niece is in Yangon. She wanted to know which restaurants you have a connection with in Yangon. She is having a wonderous experience there....
                Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

Comment

I am still here.

Comment

I'm glad Gary. Thanks.
                    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Comment

Working...
                    X