Thread: Still waiting on teeth

Distinguished Community Member

Default Still waiting on teeth

Again, Thank you All - Can you believe I am STILL waiting to get clearance for General Anesthesia from the VA or so the dentist says. this is so i can have 7 teeth pulled and get dentures and a partial - I am a dental coward and had three sets of teeth when born so i have had a LOT of dental work. I have gotten Most of my funds back but they still owe me ($800), The dental clinic seems to be a "take the money and run kind of place, I don't believe they ever wanted to put me totally out - or even if they had the capability - I won't let them touch me now with a ten foot pole. in the first place. Anyway, the bank is fighting for me to retrieve what is mine and i will have to start all over. that and my teeth hurt - Life goes on. The VA is Same old, Same old - MY VA nurse practitioner (Why can't I have a REAL doctor?) will not give me an increase, I don't know if she has the authority or is just being a b----, the VA had me at a high dose, Medicaid cut my 180 to 90 er and one half a fifteen ir three times a day, pm me if you want the gory details, all i really need would be very modest , like instead of a HALF a fifteen Mg. morphine IR 3 times a day , a whole fifteen - an increase from 21Mg ir to 45 Mg. ir. too much too ask? thats like an extras 20mg. or close to it. oh well.
    Hope this finds everyone well as they can be, Mark , Hang in there,we all have our good days and bad days, sometimes it just sems like we have more bad days.
    Blessings to all
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, sorry to hear you are still having a problem with the dentist and VA. I am scheduled to have a crown put in come the next week or two. I have already had a root canal on that tooth so the crown shouldn't be much of a problem. Alex it is a shame you are deal with someone other than a doctor and as a result your medication is cut so severely. Stories like your's worry me and I have to wonder why I keep my dosage down and deal with pain. If my meds were decreased it would be a disaster as I routinely have pain levels of 6 - 8 each day with the pain meds I have now. I don't know why it is so hard for long time pain patients to get adequate pain relief as we don't choose this pain level to disrupt our lives so much. Hang in there and I hope things start getting better for the two of you.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

thank you mark. It is getting more difficult as they are starting to actively bother me - Getting harder to eat - will be getting a blender tommorow - No co-operation from the dentist(why I am working on getting the rest of my money back) We shall see. Good luck to you and yours - I see a day coming when even Cancer Patients are denied pain meds, sad but true - Hopefully not You hang in there too - all the best. ( my partners sister was told she could not do something (she was dying of cancer) or her pain meds would be taken away) Yes, its LEGAL here - use your imagination as to what i am talking about.- Lunacy - she got Hospice who did not care - what a shame - Idiot doctor.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex it is a shame how people with pain are being treated any more. You would think that once you are terminal the #1 issue would be to make you comfortable as why suffer for the time you have left. Our society seems to be turning upside down any more.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

5. The following user says "thanks"

Still waiting - got my CT scan per the VA - We will see.
    Blessings to all and a happy thanksgiving.
    Alex44

Alex, I was hoping you would have a better Thanksgiving with your new teeth but I guess you will get them by Christmas. Have a happy Thanksgiving Day anyway.

thank you Mark - Don't know about Christmas - we can hope - pretty blah around here - Holiday blues as usual - will make it thru somehow.
    Happy thanksgiving to all
    Alex44
    Skypilot