Thread: Terrible, Tragic news for CN

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Default Terrible, Tragic news for CN

I saw this tonight - this is Barb 'The Moose' Moose53 from our CN family - a terrible family tragedy.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...1BO/story.html

So sorry.
    Donna, Mum to Natalie (22), ablebodied, kind and beautiful and Nicholas(26), severe CP, non-verbal, tube fed, multiple surgeries, chronic pain, happy kid except when the Liverpool football club or the Ottawa Senators Hockey Team are losing!
    Check out my blog: http://www.donnathomson.com

2. The following 3 users say "thanks"

I'm so saddened to read this. I remember Barb as being a sweet and supportive member of Child Neuro :(

4. The following user says "thanks"

It is simply horrible.
    Mommy to Jimmie, diagnosed with Infantile Spasms at 4 1/2 months and LGS at 20 months, and Charlie, so far healthy and happy.

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member andromeda31's Avatar

I was sad to see that....how horrible!! I can remember her posting a lot here back in the day, she was always nice.

Lisa O.
    Lisa O: mom to Caitlin (14-CP, VA shunt, seizures), Brandon (12), Tyler (10), Logan (7)...my babies are all getting so old!!

8. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Barb))))))

Your friendship, kindness and caring to all of us on CN and BT are your legacy. I am forever grateful for your love and support of me. My heart is broken to learn of your passing and the terribly tragic circumstances. I weep for you and for your son.

I recall your fondness for butterflies, as you regarded them as signs from loved ones, who have passed. The next butterfly I see gracing Michael's garden will be sent by you. I have no doubt, dear Moose.

May God rest your beautiful soul, Barb ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member tic chick's Avatar

hey everyone !

thank you for posting this, donna.

barbara was a prolific poster back in the good old days. when bt was in trouble, she was always one of the first to chime in and voice her concern. like many other people, i haven't seen her post in awhile, but i'm glad she was a help to people here in the cn forum as she was to others wherever she posted.

what a terrible tragedy for her family. may she be at peace.

i will always remember the moose eternally writing "B-A-R-B-A-R-A", at the bottom of her posts.

jeannie
    Last edited by tic chick; 10-31-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    WE ARE BT!
    "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
    "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
    "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

12. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Barbara)))))) ~

Not a day goes by without thoughts of you and your selfless giving to all of us here at BT.

I wonder what you would say here, if you were one of us, in our shoes, grieving for a beloved friend. How would you help us to comprehend the complexities of the circumstances leading to the ultimate tragic loss of our dear friend? What words of comfort would you offer to us to help us cope with our sorrow? What wisdom and insight would you bestow upon us to help us cope?

This is a situation, where your light would shine the brightest upon us. And it is, just from the Other Side, in a different form of expression, and we need to tune into you.

I believe that you would want us to pray for and forgive your son. I do. He did apologize to you and explained that sometimes he loses control. He needs our compassion.

I continue to think of ways to honor you, and perhaps this is the first way to do just that ~ by praying for and forgiving your son.

Surely there are more ways that we can honor you, our dear friend, Moose, and I hope that others will contemplate and share their ideas with us here.

Always In My Heart ~

Love & Light,

Rose

In Loving Memory of Barb ~ The Moose ~
    Mom to Jon, 49, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Our Angel Jon received his wings April 2019. Now, they watch over Jim and me.

14. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

i remember barbra being so helpful to any and all. she will be missed by many and for a long time. prayers for her family and friends.

16. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just saw this and am terribly shocked and saddened. Though I'd had no interaction with Barbara for some years, I remember her very well as someone who sometimes dropped in at the MS board and was always very helpful.

Rest in peace, moose53. You've helped many here.

Last edited by agate; 11-19-2014 at 08:33 AM.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.