Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good To Be Back

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Lindy,
    It's great to see you back. It sure sounds like you have been busy in your garden this summer. I'm sorry to hear about your horse my Aunt and Uncle had race horses yrs. ago and it was fun to go to the races
    but that was yrs. ago. I'm also sorry to hear about your daughter and how she feels but give it time and hopefully she will change her feelings for the better. I'm getting ready to go back to school and work with
    kids in special ed. for another school yr. I work with students in grades 6-8 and they can be a hand full, either way I enjoy working with them and helping them anyway I can. Here's wishing you well and May God
    Bless You!

Sue

Still working the ham radio, Sue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindybuzz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still working the ham radio, Sue?
    Hi Lindy,

Yes, I'm still working with the ham radio I just got off the radio at 4:10 pm I was listening to NOAA Weather a wicked t- storm just came through and now we are under a storm watch and floods until 11 pm tonight (Aug.19th)
    One thing I did accomplish at work is I got 2 students to get their ham radio license and they had 2 of their friends get their license so starting this fall I want to get a ham radio club going at school. It will save parents money on
    cell phone bills and the kids can talk to people all over the world and learn about them and their history. Here's wishing you will and May God Bless You!

73's which means best regards in ham radio operators talking

Sue

My husband and father were both hams so I know what 73s means. For my father's 60th birthday, my family rented one of the video boards at Times Square. They didn't know what to put on it so they asked me. We put " CQ CQ W1MLM 73s and 88s from the pooklets". Pooklets was what he called his children. He died 2 years later and that board remained one of the highlights of his life! Never got my license but, between Daddy and Vic, I know quite a bit!!

Hi Lindy,

Since you know so much about ham radio why not give it a try and get your radio license. If you get your radio license then we can talk to each other on the radio whenever we please. I have my Tech license
    and my husband has an advanced license. I think it's wonderful what was put on the video board at Time Square I bet your Dad loved it. Wishing You Well and May God Bless You!

73's,
    Sue

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy Hams!

Hope you all have 5 by 5's on this board!

For you non-hams, see:
    http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/SINPO

I'm a lowly DXer.
    Well... I was anyway until I could get most of it over the Internet and got lazy about it.
    Last edited by howdydave; 08-19-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

I am here to. Will all the older posts be available? Why the change to this? Is it better in some way I don't know about. Good to see you. Tattoo

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am here to. Will all the older posts be available? Why the change to this? Is it better in some way I don't know about. Good to see you. Tattoo
    Howdy Tatoo!

Think of this new board as version 1.0.
    That means that there are still quite a few bugs in it!
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Hi Tattoo,

It's great to see you back! I have to agree with Dave and say that there might be some bugs in this version but give it time and hopefully things will be working well again.
    I hope things are going well with you and I wish you only the best May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

I'm glad to see the same ole' faces/typers again :) Hey you hammers, my FIL used to be a ham radio opperator (he is now 82 y.o.). Even I know his ham name, LOL. He always gets his license plate as the same thing -- W8QKR (how many ppl know their FILs ham number?) He also just got his antenna taken down. Something else funny, my DH asked a guy if he wanted to go to a "ham auction" with him & the guy said "I don't like pork."

I feel kinda lonely again but just for 3 days (geez, how can 3 days bother me when I just got over 3 months? and I 'fear' what's ahead). John & Steve went camping for the weekend. They went up to a Mi. campground along with millions of other guys (some F's & kids) to go to MIS & see NASCAR. Steve is a NASCAR nut. He is (or was) a Jeff Gorden fan. (Lisa went to work then will go to her friends for ribs.)
    Lorraine (lor)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast