video to itunes to DVD? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

video to itunes to DVD? Help!

As some people on this forum know I am making a new film and I need to be able to burn DVDs of the film for personal purposes. However I had problems with my old DVD burn software and was forced to uninstall it(long story). Now I am wondering if it is possible to burn video DVDs that play in regular DVD players using iTunes????? I would not be burning anything from the iTunes store, it would be a file or disc image from Final Cut Pro that would need to be burned to video DVD. I know there are other softwares that I could download but we really need a truly free full version of a burning software but all I can find are trial versions. So I thought using iTunes would be a good compromise. Please help?!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Hmmm I don't know jack about iTunes. If you don't have any qualms about using "liberated" software I think I still have some video editing stuff on a disc somewhere.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Weins View Post
      Hmmm I don't know jack about iTunes. If you don't have any qualms about using "liberated" software I think I still have some video editing stuff on a disc somewhere.
      If you have some software that could help I would appreciate that! I just need DVD burning software.

Do you or does anyone else here know if Disk Utility can burn a video DVD that plays in a DVD player? I was reading last night that if I make a disc image in another software I can burn the disc image using Disk Utility and it will play in a DVD player. Is this true?????
      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Yes, but it can be a pain to make an .iso properly. I used ashampoo (it's a simple program not bloated with useless crap a normal person wouldn't need) for a couple of years on my old computer, found out it's now completely free all you need to do is register the product (don't use your main email address ;) ).

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Yes, but it can be a pain to make an .iso properly. I used ashampoo (it's a simple program not bloated with useless crap a normal person wouldn't need) for a couple of years on my old computer, found out it's now completely free all you need to do is register the product (don't use your main email address ;) ).

Thanks a lot! It looks like it only works in windows. I need something that will run on a Mac computer. Sorry that I forgot to mention I have a Mac. Any ideas? I would also need to know for sure if Disk Utility can make DVDs that play normally in a commercial DVD player.

Comment

Hmmm the other one I've used after ashampoo was Burn. A little more complex menu option/features but a stable burning software. It had good reviews last time I looked at it. Had to hunt for a current download link though ;)

EDIT: changed link to official burn site download :)

Last edited by Mike Weins; 10-29-2014, 09:03 PM. Reason: changed link

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Hmmm the other one I've used after ashampoo was Burn. A little more complex menu option/features but a stable burning software. It had good reviews last time I looked at it. Had to hunt for a current download link though ;)

EDIT: changed link to official burn site download :)

Thanks! It downloaded and I burned some videos successfully. Can you use Burn to make Disc Images? I see it can burn from a separately made Disc Image so far. Can discs made from Disc Images in burn be played in a regular DVD player??? Or will disc images only burn as DATA DVDs? What I need to do is take a disc image made in Final Cut Pro and burn it as a video DVD that will play in DVD players.
              Last edited by funnylegs4; 10-30-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

You can use Burn to make disk images, and I believe somewhere in the settings you can make them video images and not data images.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

You can use Burn to make disk images, and I believe somewhere in the settings you can make them video images and not data images.
                  Thanks Mike! I learned how to make disc images via Disk Utility but it is good to know burn can do that too.

Comment

Working...
                  X