Thread: Back In School !

Hybrid View

Distinguished Community Member

Default Back In School !

I just wanted to let you all know that I am now back in school. You may recall my experience in my graduate program from the other website. I actually started in the summer with one course, but now Fall has two I am taking. Just wanted to let you know that I am still going forward. I am just not sure toward where exactly. My age will be a huge factor in getting hired I fear. Guess for now I will have to stay in today. Tattoo

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Tattoo,

I'm glad to hear that you are back in school and I wish you only the best of luck, I'm sure you will do a great job. In regards to getting hired and your age they can't use that against you in any way because it's discrimination. I had a cousin who
    was a nurse that worked in intensive care for many yrs. and she was in her 30's or early 40's when she was working there and they didn't give her a hard time at all about her age. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Tatoo, I'm glad you are in school and hope it goes good. Then after school you get that good job. (I wonder about me getting a job because of my age too. I'm 53 but can do lots. I wonder if they look at my B. day and say to themselves 'oh she's to old & will leave us soon or easily have physical troubles'. It is not legal but they can say you don't get the job because of something else).
    Lorraine (lor)