Thread: Weight loss.

Default Weight loss.

I just want to know which is the best natural way to lose weight . Currently am doing cardio exercise for this. Is it enough or not ? Please share your suggestion.

New Community Member

Best I found was seriously reducing portions. Eating more veggies, fruit and an apple every day. Drinking a glass or 2 of water before every meal. Lots of water throughout the day. I lost 20 lbs in 4 weeks this way. The weight loss has slowed down now but continues. AND, and, I feel better. Good luck to you, hoops

Distinguished Community Member

Pettit, you are following a good plan for weight loss. To improve your efforts it is better to eat smaller portions at each sitting and to eat 5 times a day. The 5 times can be 3 meals and 2 snacks of veg or fruit. Eating 5 times will keep your body from going into 'starvation' mode which sabotages many dieters; their body stores energy into fat thinking smaller portions are an indication of starving.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Quote Originally Posted by pettit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just want to know which is the best natural way to lose weight . Currently am doing cardio exercise for this. Is it enough or not ? Please share your suggestion.
    Please share your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by pettit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any comment ?

Hi. Set a meal plan for yourself. For breakfast a fruit, egg or cereal (oatmeal is terrific).
    Lunch vegetable and a lean protein (fish, chicken breast...) fruit.
    Dinner, much the same as lunch.
    Include a snack or 2...a fruit, a handful of nuts...

Portion size is very important. Weigh and measure all your food...food scale, measuring cup and measuring spoons. And don't take seconds!!

Drink plenty of water.

Aim for around 1200 calories a day.

New Community Member

I used MyFitnessPal to lose 100lbs. What I like about it is that you not only can you adjust your carb, fat, and protein intake %'s, but you also see if you're falling low on micro nutrients like iron, magnesium, etc. Also shows water intake which is a huge contributor. It made a big difference for me when I saw i needed more vitamins or whatnot to cover my micros. It's a free app on any device, or online. I did better with this than WW's ot Jenny Craig, etc.

New Community Member

Default Also...

You can sync devices like BodyMedia, FitBit, etc and it will automatically adjust your calorie expenditure.