Thread: Need advice on Post Spinal Tap CSF Leak..

New Community Member

Default Need advice on Post Spinal Tap CSF Leak..

Hello. I am seeking advice. I had a spinal tap done 2 months ago. For the last 2 months I've had the following symptoms on a daily, or almost daily, basis: migraines, tinnitus (which I just learned the term for! I just know I want ear plugs!), light and sound sensitivity, facial numbness, head pressure, eye pressure, eye burning, nauseau, fatigue, hand/arm tremors, hand numbness, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few other things..

For the most part, if I get up and do just about anything, everything gets worse. The ear ringing is constant no matter what :/

After hospital visits, multiple doctors, prescribed migraine medications, (nothing really helps for anything more than an hour or two, but I am adversely effected by the side effects, some more than others), and multiple tests, I was just told I have a CSF Leak from the spinal tap puncture wound. While this has completely halted my life due to my pain and symptoms.. I am uncertain about the blood patch procedure being suggested.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the Baltimore,Md area?

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi ReadytoGetBetter, and WELCOME!

I'm sorry I can't answer your question but wonder if you're aware of this section of BrainTalk:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...uid-(CSF)-Leak

You might get more replies if you post a thread there.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.