Thread: October roll call

Community Member

Default October roll call

Howdy !

I thought I'd get the ball rolling this month.

I'm 95% paleo again and feeling a little better. I preferred a less restricted diet but it is what it is.

I've discovered that I like squash (acorn, butternut and spagetti) more than bread anyways.

Does anyone have any exciting Halloween plans ? I miss the days of helping my kids pick out costumes and trick or treating.

Hope everyone is well.

Tc. x

Halloween is fun when your kids are little. We had fun making costumes, and going around and talking to all the neighbors. My daughter used to make crafts to hand out. She didn't feel right taking candy without giving something in return. The neighbors would get handed bent up pieces of colored pipe cleaner and stuff like that and most would graciously take them. Maybe I'll go around with my grandkids too if that ever happens.

Community Member

How sweet ! My kids just took the candy. It's fun too watch kids trick or treat for the first time. They look at you like your nuts for getting them into all the chaos. Lol.

We enjoyed making costumes too. One of my favorites was a mummy costume where I used big pieces of gauze material. I ended up quick stitching shorts, gloves and a head piece because the thin strips of gauze wouldn't stay in place.

Good times. Tc .. x

Quote Originally Posted by GFStephanie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Halloween is fun when your kids are little. We had fun making costumes, and going around and talking to all the neighbors. My daughter used to make crafts to hand out. She didn't feel right taking candy without giving something in return. The neighbors would get handed bent up pieces of colored pipe cleaner and stuff like that and most would graciously take them. Maybe I'll go around with my grandkids too if that ever happens.
    Aww, how sweet. :) I don't have kids, but I have nieces and nephews (all of whom are grown (nieces) or live overseas (nephews).:(