Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate this

Distinguished Community Member

Well it is 2:32 A.M. and I still cant fall asleep. Tried a shower and nothing. I thought about going out to the shop but its dark and umm scary. The dog and even the cats all all asleep NO FAIR!!! So I am going to turn on the tv, at 2 in the morning there isn't anything good on and maybe that will make me fall asleep.

2. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Gary, I hope you finally got some sleep. I hate just lying there, and your mind races for no reason really. I was set for a nap awhile ago, but just didn't happen. I REALLY don't like naps, gave in and TRIED today. That will show me!
    Evolution spans the Universe.

4. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Uh, I am going to embarrass myself and ask a really dumb question. As I do this please keep in mind my neuro put me on some medication 3 weeks ago that he said the biggest complaint is that it makes you stupid, and there is no concentration with it. So, my question is - I am on Eastern Standard Time and I know where most of you guys are and what time zone you are in. When the time we post is shown here is it for the time zone you are in?

The first one who makes fun of me I am going to send Howie's cats to bite you.
    Virginia

6. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Hi Virginia,

At the very bottom of the page with the list of forums is a light gray line saying: All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 PM.

Thus, all times shown on posts are EST.

Good question. Thanks for letting me answer .

Edited: Thanks agate for bringing up the fact that you can change the time zone in your "Settings" to match your time zone and then the posts will show your time zone. Brain fog today.
    Last edited by Moderator #7; 09-22-2014 at 09:27 PM.

8. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Virginia, if you're in North Carolina then you are indeed on Eastern Standard. I have a friend who lives there.

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Poor Howie lives there, and it's now.....WHERE DID I PUT MY GLASSES??
    Evolution spans the Universe.

12. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Thanks to Moderator #7 for explaining how you go about this.
    Virginia

14. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Howie, my friend lives in Black Mountain. Beautiful area. Anywhere near you?

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

16. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Virginia, it's not a stupid question at all, and I'd like to add that you can change the time display by going to your Settings, where it says:

All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.
    All the times I see here are Pacific Time because it's set to GMT-8. If somebody living in the Eastern Time zone posts, the time of that post will show up as Pacific Time for me.
    MS, diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009.

"Always put off until tomorrow whatever you think you should do today." --Anonymous

18. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

agate is correct, the time shown on a post depends on which time zone the user reading is on.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

20. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast