Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate this

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool I hate this

Here it is, Friday night, 9:30, and I'm fighting not to go to sleep. When I was young, (you don't want to hear that!)
    Evolution spans the Universe.

2. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Cool

Well, I gave in, slept well, and here I am. I don't live by normal hours anymore.

Watching my cooking shows. That's how I get any appetite to eat. See, TV is a good thing!

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Cool

No replies. No wonder I can't sleep, even after multiple attempts. Sniff....they don't love me anymore....sniff....how quickly things can change....sniff....I would just go back to bed...sniff...but I can't sleep. Let's see if the cats at least still love me.

OUCH!!!!

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

I fall asleep almost immediately at night, struggling to watch the first 15 minutes of local news at 9.OO. but then my fibroids wake me early, 5 am or so. I try to avoid napping during the day, as I find that if I do, while I'll fall asleep right away, I will sake up after about 5 hours of sleep, and won't get back to sleep.
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

8. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Cool

Hi Cat! (waving) What really get's me, I take an OTC sleep aide, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. But once I FINALLY go to sleep, I don't get up until LATE. I always get my 8 hours worth, but more like 10 lately!

10. The following 3 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

Sorry Howie. I sleep in 4 or 5 hour intervals at night and take a 3/4 hr nap in the
    afternoon. I gave up trying to go to sleep at any particular time of day. Aah sleeps
    when aah sleeps and wakes when I'm done. Good thing I'm retired, huh!!
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

12. The following 4 users say "thanks"

I join in with you guys on that. Except that I don't sleep unless I take something and if I don't take something and just try to wait it out by mid-morning of the following day the phone rings, just when I think I might can get 1/2 to 1 hour sleep. So I just about have to take something to sleep.

So sorry I wasn't on here to chat with you Howie.
    Virginia

14. The following 5 users say "thanks"

Blog Entries

I have a hell of a time falling asleep and usually toss and turn for a couple of hours or more. Some days I just have to stay home and in bed because I'm too exhausted to get out
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

16. The following 7 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

THANKS for bringing back the Thanks Button!!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

18. The following 6 users say "thanks"

Howie, is talking about getting 8 to 10 hours of sleep. I think the last time that happened to me it was probably pre MS and that has been a long time.

Mike, you do so much with school, us and all that you have going on I doubt that you have time to try and sleep.
    Virginia

20. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast