Thread: OT cancer update

Default OT cancer update

Hello all, please forgive my long, long absence. It's been a very trying year. As I put out a prayer request in June 2014 for my cancer diagnosis and treatment and by December 2014 it was determined that treatment was not working and that the bladder and few surrounding organs needed to come out. I'd like to thank everyone so much for your prayers. I had the surgery 1-19-15. The surgery went extremely well and recovery was so exceptional I was actually released about 3 days earlier than planned. About 2 weeks later I was back in the hospital due to an unrelated infection. The following week the biopsy results came back that the cancer had progressed to stage 3, high grade but had not spread. End of February I began chemo. Middle of April I wound up in the hospital again due to bowel obstruction and due to the keen observance of the radiologist, he discovered a chestful of PE's that would have undoubtedly soon been fatal if not treated when they were. (I never dreamed I'd be thankful for a bowel obstruction) Finished chemo in June. Lost 23 pounds, most of my blood counts, all of my energy, my taste for food and worst of all - my taste for coffee. Thank goodness, that came back. Just had my second 3 month followup and praise God I'm in remission, and shockingly, no seizures through all of this. Thank you so much to everyone for your steadfast prayers and support. You are all such a blessing to me.
    Last edited by satman next generation; 01-25-2016 at 05:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    Helen Keller
    See my story at
    www.strongsvillebiblefellowship.org
    Go to "Personal Stories" then to
    "He Calls Me His Friend"

2. The following 4 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

((((((Dan)))))) ~

So good to hear from you, Dan. I'm sorry for all that you've endured. I praise God that you are in remission, and may it continue to be so. That alert radiologist likely saved your life spying those PEs. What a scary time for you. No doubt your faith has kept you strong.

Sending up healing prayers that you will continue to be cancer-free and healthy. Enjoy your cup of coffee, Dan!

God Bless YOU!

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

4. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member
    Blog Entries

Hi there Dan, I am overjoyed to hear that you are in remission!!! May you continue to be in remission and have a long healthy life! God works in mysterious ways and used your unrelated hospital stays to bless you in your recovery.
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

6. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hi Dan,
    I praise God that you are in remission and may you live a happy, healthy, blessed life. If I may as have you looked into the medical marijuana also called hemp oil. That is known to work very
    well to stop both cancer and sz. My prayers are with you and I wish you only the best in life. May God Bless You!

Sue

8. The following user says "thanks"

Community Member

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery and they got everything. I went through Stage 3 colon cancer last year with all the radiation and chemo and came through with flying colors. I feel blessed. I had the operation in February and carried one of those colonospy bags for 6 months. But as I said, all went well.
    I hope things continue to go well for you and here is wishing you the best!

10. The following user says "thanks"

Blog Entries

Welcome back satman :) Happy to read that your news, in the end is good and that you're in remission :)
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

12. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Geneo76)))))) ~

Thank you for checking in and letting us know the wonderful news that you are doing well. I give thanks that you too have been blessed, and I am sending up healing prayers for your continued health. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

14. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. I am sorry for not having responded sooner. I wound up in the hospital again last Wednesday due to another bowel obstruction. Fortunately, 4 very miserable, painful days with the NG tube was able to help clear it up, however evidently the scar tissue from my surgery is more extensive than originally thought and may require more surgery. Praying otherwise. I'm back home resting and feeling much better.
    Thank you Rose so much for your prayers and yes, I am so thankful to that radiologist. The nurse informed me of just how much of a "bullet" I missed.
    Thank you Funnylegs, I can't count enough of how much I've seen God's hand through all of this, even in the smallest of details.
    Thank you Sue, so much for your prayers, It's so good to "see" you again. Ohio is in a bitter battle with that treatment so I have been employing some of my great aunt's old Italian folk medicine recipe's. Garlic extract for one. As she used to say - "It smells so bad it keeps even death away" and she lived to be 106 years young.
    Thank you Geneo and I'm so glad you made it through your colon cancer. you're an inspiration. and "friend of the bag", well, except mine is a permanent urostomy bag. On the plus side I don't have to worry about as many stops on long trips anymore
    and thank you Mike, so much for your support
    I am so blessed by the friendship, care and support by everyone through the many years I have been so fortunate to be a part of here.

In the Lord's Service....Dan
    Hospice Chaplain
    Last edited by satman next generation; 02-04-2016 at 12:33 AM. Reason: spelling
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    Helen Keller
    See my story at
    www.strongsvillebiblefellowship.org
    Go to "Personal Stories" then to
    "He Calls Me His Friend"

16. The following 2 users say "thanks"

Hi Dan,
    I'm sorry that you have been having more problems? If I may ask is medical marijuana legal in your state because they have found it works good reducing and stopping cancer
    and I thought maybe it would help you if you are interested. I found a good webpage titled healthy hem oil.com you may want to check it out and see if it helps stop all of the
    cancer. My prayers and Blessings are with you and your family. May God Bless You!

Sue

18. The following user says "thanks"