No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe this is just part of the modifications you're trying, but I wonder why "View Forum Posts" seems to work OK for some (MS board) members but not others.

I tried View Forum Posts for several people, but 2 that I tried bring up nothing. These are people who have many forum posts and are still members.

Cherie and Pegakafarmgirl are the ones. I've tried about 8 others, and they're OK.

Thanks for your attention and for all the work you do here.
    Last edited by agate; 09-10-2014, 10:00 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

This is being posted hours after my previous post. Cherie's posts are visible now in "View Forum Posts" but Peg's aren't. Checking a few more names, I found several more where no prior posts are visible: jendie, SuzE-Q, and Gabriella7.

Maybe there's no cause for concern here but it would be too bad not to have access to these posts.

EDITED TO ADD: I checked a few names on the Epilepsy forum and found that for sandinmyears and lor, no previous posts are found when clicking on View Forum Posts or Find Latest Posts.
      Last edited by agate; 09-11-2014, 09:27 AM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

((((((agate)))))) ~

When I click on View Forum Posts for you, only 4 posts are shown. Same thing when I click on my own View Forum Posts. Something is hinky!

It probably correlates to Mike's tinkering. Hopefully, Mike will tell us, after he finishes his homework!

Love & Light,

Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

We've been having issues with the "view forum posts" and "view latest posts (or threads)" for awhile now. Not sure why yet :(

Rose ... yes the links along the top will remain, but the tabs (new posts, archive, etc etc) will be temporarily unavailable. The archive site is unaffected so you can visit it using the link in the appropriate forums "useful websites" sticky. All of the skins will be removed and a new default one created. None of the information in the blogs should be affected. Neither should posts.

There is a small chance that I might have to go back to a backup from before the spam started going out. That would mean any posts, pms, blogs, etc etc made after that date would be lost. Luckily it would only be a week or two, but that is a last resort and only has a small chance of happening.
          Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
          Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
          Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
          Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
          Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
          Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
          Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out, Rose!

It seems strange but I'm more than willing to leave it in the capable hands of the administrators who I'm sure have a much better grasp of the situation than I could ever have.

They did warn us.

--And the Thanks button is in place. That's really about all we need.

Comment

Thanks Mike.

Do you ever find us amusing?

You are.

Comment

Originally posted by renee View Post
                Thanks Mike.

Do you ever find us amusing?

You are.
                Yes sometimes I get a chuckle out of your folk's post

EDIT: Ok tonight I'm going to remove every thing but the bare bones forum stuff. So for a little while at least BT is going to look quite plain
                Last edited by Mike Weins; 09-12-2014, 07:12 PM.

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
                Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

I turned off new registrations for a little while to prevent new spammers from joining. I deeply apologize to any real persons that need to register. If you need to register an account send an email to btsysop@gmail.com with:

Name you want to use (send 3 in case one or two are in use)
                  An email address I can reply to

Step 1 - log in

Comment

I will work on getting the pubmed and related links up tomorrow evening.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

So far the "CMS" portion is clean (the "home" page). Tomorrow I'm going to enable the blogs and give it a couple of days. If the blogs are clean the next in line is the thanks button, followed by spam-o-matic, and others. Assuming the ones that get turned on are clean.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

I think having the "Thanks Button" back will be great, I believe that has been missed. Personally I found myself very much wanting to use it this last week, and am impatiently waiting its return. 😁

Mike, thanks for your time in troubleshooting and the resolution of this. 😃
                        "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

((((((Mike)))))) ~

Reminds me of the movie, Poltergeist ~ "This house is clean." You're performing a spammer-cism!!

It makes me happy to see BT slowly returning to its former self. I've missed the skins. And the Thanks button!

Thank you, Mike, for all of your hard work to keep us clean!

Love & Light,

Rose
                          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Next up is spamo and the re-enabling of registration. Hopefully Tues evening.

EDITED TO ADD: The word censor was neutered today and only has a half dozen words being filtered out now.
                            Last edited by Mike Weins; 09-21-2014, 03:25 PM.

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about the spam and for fixing it!!
                              Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                              My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Spam-O-Matic is now re-installed and registration is now open again (yay) :)

Step 1 - log in

Comment

Working...
                                X