Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just over 8 yrs since I could sleep laying down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just over 8 yrs since I could sleep laying down.

After 8+ yrs of dealing with the pain and burning of MP, I still have no answers as to how to relieve the pain other than to manage it with medications, and avoid anything that makes the pain worse. For me, laying down increases that burning, searing pain ten fold so I'm still sleeping sitting up....ugh. There is a location on my hip where there is a large defect, as a result from where they took bone from the iliac crest to put in my neck at C5/6 and C6/7, that is so hypersensitive to touch that I have accidentally touched it and put myself in writhing pain. I think the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, the iliohypogastric, ilioinguinal, and genitofemoral nerves (in my case, the nerves that I was told were involved) must drape across or close to where the defect in my hip bone is because of the amount of pain I experience when I tap it accidentally, or when I twist at the waist or stretch to reach something. Worst of all is when I lay down, that tugging, throbbing, searing pain starts to increase until I can no longer withstand it and sit back up. One would think that after 8 years of not laying down to sleep I would just give up hope of ever doing so again, but nooooooo....I miss being able to lay down soooo much that I still keep trying every so often in hopes that one day it won't put me in paralyzing pain.

I get that pain from time to time but not as bad as yours. I use lidocaine patches for it, it helps some. I can't lay on my side for too long. Have you tried laying down with something elevating your knees?
    If no pain, no gain is true, where is everything I should have gained?
    DDD, Fibro, CFS, pain for 20 years. ADR c 5/6 Feb. 2018 doing well.
    Back to pain management, fibromyalgia getting worse.

Comment

Working...
    X