Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think your way to a cure

Distinguished Community Member

Default Think your way to a cure

Okay I am gonna vent......

Ran into someone who I have known for several years that has MS and as usual when I haven't seen someone for quite a while I get that shocked look that says good Lord what happened to you!

He proceeded to tell me that his right arm started to go numb and the doc told him that steroids were about these only thing that they could do. But he got some book about positive thinking and MS he read it and low and behold after about 2 months it began to get better. No I didn't bother to explain RRMS.

I am not against thinking positive but my MS just slowly slides down hill. I wish it would just go away like everyone does, but I am sorry comments like that just-don't-help. I lump comments like that in within telling a type I diabetic that if you would just take this herbal supplement or this vitamin you will never need insulin again or if you wouldn't have fed your kid so much sugar they wouldn't have caught diabetes. True stories both my kids are type I diabetics. Yeah we LOVE auto immune diseases in our house.

Okay that's all I will get off my soap box and get my blood pressure back down and think happy thoughts until my face is no longer beet red.

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Perfect Post

I think people such as you describe may be the worst part of it all. Thank you for the post. It is a relief even to read your thoughts expressed.
    At my farmers' market there is a lovely young woman who grows and sells mushrooms. Lots of different ones (it is interesting). BUT, she is convinced of the magical health benefits and even kindly gave me some product she produces from them that will cure me. I passed that off to the other mushroom grower in the market as he thought it interesting.

I too feel the incredible insult and am also annoyed with the arrogant stupidity of such people who assume the role of professor after reading an article somewhere, by someone about something......

I think you touched a raw nerve in me. Now that I am revved up I'll go dig potatoes....
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Linda, my flowerbeds could use a little digging if you are in a digging mood.....

Gary, it ends up, the only people who can understand what you go through, are people who have MS. You could read a library full of MS books, but it wouldn't make any difference.

Perhaps it's the same with any disease.

But don't let it bother you. I know you, and many on this forum I can feel free to vent, and rant to, and they will all understand.

It's a new day, everyone make it a good one.
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member Frog42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that I am revved up I'll go dig potatoes....
    Are any of them purple?

Those "I have ms but it doesn't have me" people are the ones who drive me up the wall!

Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

Cool

Well we all knew that SOMETHING had................
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar

OOOOH, maddening!!!!! I understand your getting your dander up Gary! Grrrr.

On the other hand, I think our minds are a powerful tool, when we learn how to
    use them. Curing a disease? Who knows? Maybe when we're thinking positive,
    God is there and helps some feel better.

Also, the placibo effect is well known to cure!! A great instance of
    mind over matter.
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 09-04-2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Distinguished Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know you, and many on this forum I can feel free to vent, and rant to, and they will all understand
    Very true there have been many times this board and more importantly the members have been the only thing that has kept me from going over the edge. And who hasn't heard 'MS can't cause pain' or my all time favorite 'you must be cured you look so good

Wink

But Gary, you do look good.........
    Roswell was a gift.

Distinguished Community Member SalpalSally's Avatar
    Love, Sally

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

Cool

I dun ben thankin, butt it's stil heer. I wunder whuts wrong?
    Roswell was a gift.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast