Thread: SSI And Loans

Distinguished Community Member

Exclamation SSI And Loans

HELP - I don't know where to turn to. I am hoping to get a line of credit against my house as I have only ten teeth and counting, My partner has five cavities, one of which is getting bothersome ( don't even ask me - It' not fun. - as in - yes they hurt more then I let on Esp. after blowing a crown and swolling it.) anyway we have Termites too. We own our home, thanks too family, and that is what I am using for collateral, which scares me to death Because - How will SSI treat this - I CANNOT work - no way - SSI Spotlight says it is a loan so it is a liability - do I have to report it? What About Food Stamps? Not to sound greedy, but will this count as an expense since it is a loan against my house? I will be paying off numerous things, CC'S ,etc.., Maintenance on the house that I cannot do anymore. Do I contact SSI or Food Stamps or let them come to me? a am scared out of my mind as if I cannot repay this (Unlikey) as long s both of us keep our SSI and Food Stamps. Help - very scared. Please reply ASAP before I lose my mind. I already have an anxiety Ddisorder and thank God for My doc understanding that and treating it appropriastely.
    Blessings All
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Distinguished Community Member Pharmacist.steve's Avatar

taking a loan out is not INCOME... you only have to report INCOME
    Pharmacist Steve
    www.pharmaciststeve.com

Pharmacist Steve - Sorry it took so long to say "thank YOU" - youare totally right and thank you for replying.
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, glad to hear you don't have to report as income so you can get the loan without worrying it will hurt your status. It is a shame our medications can cause tooth decay. I am lucky that despite the decay I don't feel pain with mine any more. I hope you gain get the dental work soon and get that pain eliminated.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life