Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

74 views - 2 replies - from the same person! Time to view, time to post - Sheep - BAA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

74 views - 2 replies - from the same person! Time to view, time to post - Sheep - BAA

Simply unbelieveable. When the board goes down, people come out of the woodwork to complain. When John W., David, and Dan bust their collective butts to get it back - where is everyone? I know at the new statup, it was a LITTLE difficult to find. Now however, it is not dificult at all . Where is everyone? I realize people do not have something to say everyday, or time, for that matter, but with 74 views on my two posts alone, two replys, from a person I have the greatest respect for and may have have been here longer then me, if you can view, you can post. Does not have to be about me, can be about yourself, or any topic appropriate for the forum.don't let the post count fool you, I've been here for years and sadly to say, see very few old members - I pray for them. a hey, how are ya would be nice. Never be afraid to ask a question - i am sure all of us have heard that the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. I needed answers, in the old days, I would have gotten them or at least a hello - hang in there, today, Nada,Zip. and its not like someone can identify you, yes, I know employer's check your facebok page, as well as others - but here , unless you put anything in your profile, and don,t get too specific, you are anonamous, So what is it - are ya'll too lazy, Don't care, scared of what you might get back - Answers, or are we SHEEP BAA BAA.
    a.

HI Alex, Just a note to say I heard you, First I've met you , as I don't live with chronic pain anymore. So I'm not in this forum , but Keep the faith, I'm free from pain so my prayers for you are for the same.

didn't want your post to go by me.

#75- Dee

Comment

Thank you and blessing to you
      I am glad for you to be out of pain
      Blessings
      Alex44

Comment

Another old timer still here

Alex -

A lot of us old timers don't have questions, but we're happy to help newer members with anything. After a few years, chronic pain becomes, well, chronic, and we all learn to live with it (at least I hope we all do; there are "down times" when people question whether it's worth it, but people without chronic pain have the same thing happen, so that must be "normal").

But we're here....

Pain free days for all.
        MountainMan

Comment

Alex, I hope this place is like the Field of Dreams - build it and they will come. One thing hurting this place for now is continuity as it has been up and down often over the past couple of years. I am thankful for the Mike, John, David, and the others work hard to keep this place up and running but each down time causes more people to leave and find another place for the support they need.
          1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
          2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Comment

Indeed - this is true

Mark, that is probobly what I was missing. the forums were bouncing like a ball for a ball for a while. I myself had troulbe finding it myself ast first so i can only imagine someone hearing about the board trying to find it. Being an old timer too, I understand you point, somedays some of us have nothing to say. I am happy to see the oneswho have made it back taking care of the new people. Hope this finds you and yours doing well. Take Care = the posts I wrote were to wasle up the board in addition I was scared they would not have my meds tuesday (they Did) and will atemp to keep them in stock - theay asked for a few days notice, No prop. - We live 15 miles from towm (30 R/T) so its mice to get everything at once - people think you are on easy street when you get a SSI check - Let them try it -I am VERY grateful for it - just don't need people looking dowm their noses at me.

Blessings
            Alex44

Comment

I'm sorry that I haven't been around. I have been having some health problems unrelated to pain. Anyway, I will be here more now! Thanks, Alex (and others who post) for keeping it going here.:)

Comment

Alex, sometimes folks just want to take a break from dealing with and talking about their chronic pain. I am nicely asking you to lighten up a bit on the negativity and criticism. If people feel like they are going to be pounced on, called "lazy", "scared","not caring" and "sheep" that is not exactly conducive to making people feel good about themselves and welcome here.

This is a new start and albeit, a slow one but folks are finding their way here. It will happen, it will blossom, just like a new flower that needs time and nurturing. Also, some folks read and have nothing to add, so they don't respond. Nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of times I just read and don't respond just because I am not up to it or have nothing to add. Please don't start WWIII over my comments. Just remember what our Mom's taught us about getting more
                bees with honey than vinegar.
                Take care, Diandra

Comment

thank you diandra

I hear and understand where you are coming from. Thank you. Pain flares can cause you to flare out at others, Which is what happened. That said, I just want to see people participate when they are up to it - there are times when I just hang out - but it never hurts to drop in with a few words of encouragement and let the rest of us know you are o.k. - If I come off a little abrubt sometimes. I do apolagize. Thank you and I hope you are doing well.
                  Blessings
                  alex44

Comment

Diandra,
                    Thanks for saying what I could not find the words to say or if I did not as nice and that isn't how I wish to be..

Your so right I have been a member of this forum for many years and I'm sad to say alex's post almost had me tucking my tail and running.

You see I suffer from CP also and have been having several other serious issues of late to deal with.

I haven't posted of late because words and thoughts are hard for me to form and it doesn't take much for me to curl tail and hide, as I'm sure many people that come here suffer the same.

Thank you for being you !!

Hugs,
                    Linda

Comment

Sorry If I offened anyone

Suade, I do not see anyrhing that would want you to run for the hill's. Yes, I can be abrubt at times, but it is out of love, I ned to vent once in a while too you know. I have been here a long time, this is my home and I would never disrespec it. I simply want people to post , I have days when I cannot function, when they can , because I care and If I don't see someone post for awhile, I worry about them. I am sorry I alarmed you, but someimes one has to give the forum a little push to get members out and about. We all have bad days, I undersand that, and I hope you are having a good day.
                      Blessigs
                      Alex44

Comment

Alex,
                        I understand what your saying..

I have been a part of BT for a long time also, years ago I used to post all the time this site was the only place I felt comfortable I had shut out what we call the "real world".

I am having now one of the worse times I have had many years and sad to say I saw your post and being very sensitive to everything these days it made me feel very unwelcome.

I don't post when I don't believe I have anything constructive to say or add and many the days when I would just like to bite someones head off and take out my problems on the undeserving person i keep my mouth shut and go on..

I come here often to try to check on the ones I hold near and dear that helped me so much when this was all so new to me and I thought I was the only one that could feel the way I do..Often time I will see a thread where I feel my input may be helpful and I will put it out there, but then often after that one post I am done in and my brain no longer fires as it should so I'm done.

I don't wish to make any enemies here but as Di said especially people that are first timers or new it doesn't take much to intimate and they will leave if they don't feel welcome no matter what, heck I'm no newbie to this but my feelings are EXTREMLY sensitive these days ..

I also would love to see this site be what is used to be when you could leave for a few hours and come back and your thread be 2 pages away..

We all have the need to vent that is what has made this place a home for many, however venting should never make another feel less because they haven't posted, many just can't for whatever reason, I often use to see how many views a thread would have and pray that the ones that was just reading was benefiting by doing so..

I wish a great, peaceful day and hope I have made sense to you as I read your post often and you do have so much to offer...

Blessed Be,
                        Linda

Comment

well,well,well

Suade-Linda - I reviewed my post and had you looked, you would have seen my reply to diandra. I still stand by eveything I said. Am I too inpolitically correct for you? I am sorry that you feel the way you do, but this is the real world, I am politically incorrect as all get out . I too deal with C/P EVERY DAY - but i deal with it and take a lot of drugs I would really rather not take. I have seen this board bounce up and down, yet I have alway's been here to support and even if i can't help, say best of luck to you. that was the whole point, that and I care about people, and when they do not post for weeks, not days, I understand that all to well, I get concerned. I wish you luck and the very best health you can have.
                          Blessings
                          Alex44

Comment

Originally posted by alex44 View Post
                            Suade-Linda - I reviewed my post and had you looked, you would have seen my reply to diandra as well as maNY OTHER CARING POSTS.. I still stand by eveything I said. Am I too inpolitically correct for you? I am sorry that you feel the way you do, but this is the real world, I am politically incorrect as all get out . I too deal with C/P EVERY DAY - but i deal with it and take a lot of drugs I would really rather not take. I have seen this board bounce up and down, yet I have alway's been here to support and even if i can't help, say best of luck to you. that was the whole point, that and I care about people, and when they do not post for weeks, not days, I understand that all to well, I get concerned. I wish you luck and the very best health you can have.
                            Blessings
                            Alex44
                            Having read your latest post, I can believe you are in a lot of pain. Both Emotional and physical for which I hope you are getting help for. As I said before, I can tell you did not bother to read my post to diandra. This forum is obviously too politically incorrect for you. The post i weote and reviewed was kind and caring, not scary and tun for the hills. I realize all od us here can be emotioally fragile, but I will NOT stifle my thoughts to please you.
                            If you don't like my posts, DON'T READ THEM.

A.
                            PS I also belive you are a person who has taken on a new identity.
                            A.
                            Last edited by alex44; 09-15-2011, 04:21 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Alex.

I am sorry if I have offended you it was not my intent please accept my apology.

Linda
                              Last edited by suede; 09-15-2011, 11:05 PM. Reason: to just say what I meant

Comment

Working...
                              X