Thread: Words....NPR

Default Words....NPR

Words...wordy...word....words...It looks odd typed there....I am going to talk...because it is going to let go...of a bit of sad..?..I guess....I have a need....a question in myself....This is a place of refuge....I would share a bit of mine....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My computer is in a cornor of my home...the back of my desk...is on the wall beside the front door...the side is against a floor to ceiling window...any shift of my eyes...away from my monitor...takes me outside...right into my gardens...

At the base of cliffs...my home is still in shadow...but the tree tops are all abounding in light...shimmering greens...dappled...forms...created in the leaves...from greens so translucent...the light glows through them...green lit from within...to the dark greens...in dense shadow...almost black...bursting forth from every side...

Color...color...color...

Blossoming flowers...Reds...Reds...Reds...and more Reds...full flat blossoms...towering stalks...those always seem to be moving...in the dance with the endless stream.....of Hummingbirds....gorging themselves on nectar...their little green bodies....adding another shimmering iridescent green to my gardens...their movements a miracle of flight...their humming....yumm....yummms.....coming a bit louder over favored flavors....their long slender beaks...a shovel...piled with pollen....helping to spread it from one bloom to another....

Orange puff balls...of miniture blossms..so tiny...clustered together on one stem....

Yellow...smiling little faces...lined with purples..so dark....their scent some of the sweetest....

Hot pinks...tipping each stem of domed bushes...adorning glossy leaves of green...bending under their weight...causing interesting formations....cascading from containers...all old silver....dappled grays....antique washtubs...water troughs.....and buckets...stacked on logs too heavy to move...lined in clusters along the river rock wall...that surrounds my gardens..

And...

Purples...of every shade...pale lavender blossoms...smaller than my thumb...mixed with creams and half petals of pale peach....to graduating shades of lavender...turning into royal hues on each petal...then rimmed in white...each bloom it's own work of art...clustered into mounds of...glorious...glorious...color.... the tinctures of Nature...a gift...for a gardener's painting....Palettes of beauty....Think of a color and it is here...a feast for the eyes...feeding the heart....all of it art...framed and matted by more green....soft grass...beds of green lawn..as their resting place.......

Acres of trees...a thicket so dense...there is no walking through them...a solid canopy...To arrive at my home...you drive through a tree tunnel...the branches cut to allow...a little dirt lane...that brings you to the clearing...opened for my home....The spot of Sun allowed....a circling of light...in a halo of green...that green is never still...it is always moving...dancing on the breezes...light and flirty...

Sometimes...frightening..clashing branches snapping in gales of winds....screaming down the canyons....But this morning....it is a soft day...little flutters

For me....my husband has scaled the trees at the top of the ciffs...and over the years...thrown down endless yards of prayer flags....on special days...or to commemorate a moment...tethered to my home...from tree to tree...some coming down like maypoles...along one fence stationed like sentinals...every few yards....an upright...the flags 15 feet tall....raised...to send blessings out into the world...for all Beings....they create another layer of color...blue...yellow...green...red...and white...some new and brilliant...some old...faded and tattered...their prayers almost gone...another layer...of color and dancing movement....

A bit of heart joy...after a storm...often...the wind whips the weight of them wet...they can wrap around their mounting cords...we sit in chairs...my husband and I....and watch...high above our heads...birds...they come and pull at them...we aren't sure why...but they unwrap them...till they are loose...and freed to wave again...My face can only beam in the watching....

There are birds everywhere...singing and singing and singing...the sound....a symphony...that can come to an abrupt halt...when a raptor lands in the huge tree next to my window...it is so big and so close...there is no seeing the top from where I sit....but when the air loses song...and goes silent...I will softly open my door...and ease along the wall...to see the birds of prey in the upper branches....

They take morning baths....in those branches....their feathers all fluffed....their hooked beaks poking amongst their layers....often...I will get a gift....of one feather....fluttering in a soft spiral to the ground....sometimes...they let me watch...cocking their heads and giving me the eye...sometimes...just the sound of my door...that click when it opens...is enough to make them fly...so huge....so fast....

The world spreads out...in my opening...a small meadow...encased in a living fortress...for my fairy tale of seeing.....no one knows this place is here...it is a stones throw to city...but hidden...in a magic pocket...a gift of Nature...that eases my pain...that lifts my heart....holding it aloft....all I have to do is look...to see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I tried to share this view...with you...it helped me in the writing...to think there were others....out there...on the other end of my flailing fingers....a companion...for sharing my morning...may it give you too....a bit of beauty...and hearts ease...to start your day......

Blessings on to all Beings........
    Last edited by hummer; 09-25-2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling... ooohhh the spelling...

Distinguished Community Member

Hummer, you certainly were brimming with words today as you describe what you see while at your computer. Thank you for letting us in on the beauty you are surrounded by. Today, I am surrounded by rain, some time intense other times a drizzle to keep the ground wet. The storms are rolling in one after another and creating the threat of floods.

Write any time you get the urge as it breaks up dreary days.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Dear Mark...

Thank you for responding to my....words....I follow the urge...often....for coming back and erasing what I wrote...and that was my urge this morning...

I think it is a brain thing...like sometimes...when I can not speak....then I think I will have said too much...about nothing...things are happening in life...I can not speak of...but bottled up...so I came and wrote words...letting something else move through me...in the hopes the 'other' would move to a place I could...comprehend and adjust...?...

'It's'....rolling around a bit...coming to the surface...and then I turn it back....instead of just looking at it...kind of like coming here and erasing...

What is that..?..I just WON'T deal...or be with it...Ahh a little help there...I can be with anything....so...I guess...your writing your own words....to mine...'Learned' me something good...!....

Thank you so much Mark....I used to have a friend that would listen to me talk...because...often when I talk...I can see something...lost in my mind...in the thought process...my friend has gone into retreat...how I miss that gift...given to me in understanding....Thank you for kindness in reading my words....and talking back to me.....

And....It turned my words into a converstation....instead of just a monologue...

Blessings on us all.........