Thread: anybody had good results from enefaxin (effetcor(sp)

Distinguished Community Member

Question anybody had good results from enefaxin (effetcor(sp)

Hi folfs - My psyc wants me to try effecsor(sp) dont't have the bottle in front of me - wants me to titrate up to a theraputic dosage. Having seen the effect of this medication on other people,(zombies) i think he just wants to SHUT me up about the VA care (sucks). seems to think it will help with the neuropathy. What about it? could I get a few opinions? yes, i am depressed, nowhere near life threating, yes, i hurt due to Peripheral neurapathey Thoughts
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, I can give you my experience with effexor or I should say my son's. I take Cymbalta a pricer AD that has been shown to treat neuropathic pain and it works for me. My son takes it to counter changes since he has been hit in the head with a discus. He started on Cymbalta with good results but due to cost he wanted to try effexor. In his words, he said effexor was about 25% as effective and he has now gone back on Cymbalta. I hope you find relief before the dose gets high enough to make you a zombie.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Thank You Mark - i have known people that were fully titrated up and they WERE Zombies - I will give it a shot but the second I feel like I am not "ME" that will be the end of that. I am actually adjusting to the new dose, and my head IS a bit clearer, but with that comes a loss of physical ability. If the psyc. wants to have me me on a/d's, I will let him know, Cymbalta or nothing, i belive he will make it happen. after all, if the %##@ VA can spend $600. on a toilet seat, they can dam sure afford the correct meds. Hope this finds you and your family well, hope the Gout is not too bad, mine is KILlING my Big Toes, and that all is well in your world.
    Thank you
    Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, I take Cymbalta for neuropathic pain and it is a great choice for me due to how much pain I was left with after getting my chronic pain under control. I classified the pain I was left with as suicidal because it was constant and unending; Cymbalta did the job for me and I have stayed at the 60 mg dose [many patients use 120mg]. The Cymbalta doesn't leave me groggy or in anyway impaired, my other meds do however, but it has mellowed out my intensity. I always tried to control my intensity but saw it as an attribute as it helped me achieve success as a football coach and as a teacher. I have seen some benefits from the mellowing of my intensity however and I know it is easier on my family. I hope you see the same kind of improvement once you start Cymbalta as I think it is a very good medication. PS my wife couldn't take Cymbalta because it wouldn't allow her to urinate which is one of the possible side effects.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life