Thread: Lurkers - be aware whole bunch of views, 1 reply 0- Don't be sheep

Distinguished Community Member

Angry Lurkers - be aware whole bunch of views, 1 reply 0- Don't be sheep

I will be kind when I say all you lurkers need to get involved. It could be you who gets no answers and are left in withdrawel.
    This could happen to you. Your doc can cut you off anytime, no warning. If your meds are stolen, tough s... - they will not be replaced , even with a police report - and this was the VA, Whose care leaves a LOT to be desired - I feel for the men and women serving our country and will have to fight for their care once they get home. do not take your meds for granted, our Gov't and DEA are on a mission, just look at Wash. State, this after all the secret papers came out of libiya came out(much to the Gov's Horror) - this is no differant. Get involved, ask questions, make a ruckus. Same thing with the DEA, etc. the war on drugs - BS. I am ALL for locking up/treatment for the abusers but we don't need to let legit people suffer.if my meds are not in tommorow, I am going to ask for a meeting with the director, after all, they have only had since LAST tuesday to get it right. I am just tired of Gov't incompentance, which we pay for. Stand up and be counted or are ya'll too afraid that posting on this board will get to the wrong people, or just afraid to post?
    A.

to all the lurkers - Baaa
    Last edited by alex44; 09-06-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Baaa,...

Hey..Alex 44....

It's lurker Hummer.....I felt I had to make a response....even though it isn't going to help you...other than me saying...I am sorry you are having troubles....I don't take medications...the brain interaction thing...but there have been times I needed help and couldn't get it...and I know that panic feeling....

I hope you get what you need....really fast...I hope too....that your day gets better and better as it goes along....

I do lurk...but mostly it is because I have nothing much to contribute to the issue at hand...and am frightened...not of the government..but that I am too...Polly Anna sounding...when someone is frustrated...

I try and find the bright side...when someone may be just wanting to smash something to smithereens....

I did used to do that to relieve frustrations...buy cheap dishes at the thrift store and go out side to a hole dug in the ground and throw them in there...with as much force as my wimp arms had...it was a great relief of frustration...I don't know why...but hearing the glass break...and the shattering tinkles of sound...was quite theraputic...truly....

Well...I am done...posting...at least you no longer have the zero...

Blessings to you Alex44...I wish I could have offered up something that could make it change....
    Last edited by hummer; 09-06-2011 at 07:05 AM. Reason: some spelling I could see was wrong...Ha.

Smile Thank You Hummer

Dearest Hummer - You are one of the special people that makes the board great. I KNOW for a fact that you have been here for years and years, I have a lot more posts then what is posted, byt I understand it has cut the spam load a lot so if it's good for the board, I am ok with what needs to be done. I Do understand that you have probobly a lot more problems then I do, but you are so beutiful in your posts. I was very frustrated when I wrote the posts that I did, No one seemed to care or want to help, with the exception of my Doctor, Who I would not trade for the world. I asked last tuesday for the brand switch, well before my appointment, on the day of the appointment, I checked with them, with TWO pharmacists, not one could put in the order. I was hoping for an answer as to how this could happen, Plus the fact that the pharmacist I saw on the tuesday before the visit neglected to tell me he would be off thursday. I have never had a problem in the past when I was a regular patiant, in getting the pharmacy, I only use one, to keep what I need in stock - its not like I won't need my same meds the next month, I have been stable for thirteen years now, have managed to come down a bit.
    Hummer, I hope this is not too long but things are just now getting back to normal? for me - and please, you never frustrate me, I feel like I know you after all these years. I only wish you the very best - I hope you are still doing your art, I do pencils and I want to get back into acycrylic... Fianancee's you know.
    Thank you for your kind reply.
    Blessings
    Always
    Alex44

New Community Member

Hey you two, In don't know how many folks lurk and read for their own help, and dont see anything wrong with it because some are just in a situation where lurking is more help at times. However I do know that years ago this forum saved my life and many others. I know it has gone through many changes with times of being off line that must have been enough to destroy the membership and support that was here. It is surely a shame that such a powerful life changing forum has been reduced to such a few. With so many needing help and so many with chronic pain in the world today. There were members from all over the world using this forum helping each other with moral support and even individual stories and experience that inspired and helped others. I wish the forum could gain back its wonderful helping ability and support for all those that truly need it today. I just wonder hat really happened? I know if folks would come back and stay and post a bit so many could be helped, best wishes to all, ray

Cool Thank you Ray

For the lovely thoughts. I know I can be abrupt at times, It is only because I care and yes, I am an old timer. Hummer and I go way back, a beutiful person. You are right, the forum used to be a lot more lively, and I hope to see it so again. I undrstand lurking, it can be something effecting you but don't want to tell the world. I only ask that people check in so we know hey ae ok. I know I rant occasionally, but that is when the pain monster has me by the neck and is causig pain beyond belif. I am lucky that it is mostly controlled but I also have days, I could take twice my dose and i don't think it would help. I have NO intention of testing this theory but it probobly explains my cankiness at times.
    Hope this finds you well
    blessings
    Alex44

Alex; I wish you had my doctor. I will admit it took a few years to win his trust, as it does with any person, but once I did, he has become a good friend. I have had my medication stolen on a number of occasions; even by my social worker, of all people (he was convicted), but my doctor replaced my meds each time, because he knew that I could be trusted, I did not deal them on the streets, and I do not abuse them. I really hope you find a doctor like him in the future. I know they are few and far between (the ones that really do care for you and your pain).

I used to be an active member a few years back (before the '06 change up), when this board was off of the charts with activity, but since my parents died, I have gone into a bit of a hibernation status.
    Craig Sheffield - Epilepsy, Chronic Pain (Shoulder, Back, Joint Hyper-mobility, Chronic Migraine), Limited Mobility, Asthma, Severe Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Coma Survivor (2 week followed by full body paralysis. 2 months of PT and OT to walk again.)

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."