Hi, I'm back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm back!

I've actually been a member of BrainTalk for many years, but haven't posted for a couple (at least since BT moved to the new server). In the meantime, I've had a stroke which left major left-side damage, and my MS has moved from RRMS to rapidly advancing SPMS. I'm homebound now, and my excellent husband is my full-time caregiver. I'm homebound now, have lost the use of my left arm/hand, type one-handed and am currently absorbed in re-learning to knit with one hand, and to read more instead of being so active on the computer. I'm still me, though - "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose - for better or worse.

So, how is everyone doing? I understand from Agate that CatDancer is nearing the decision to go into hospice, and I've picked up that Cherie is having some major problems.

I'm glad to be back!

'
    Last edited by crow; 06-16-2014, 03:44 PM.

((((((crow)))))) ~

Welcome Home to BrainTalk!

I'm so sorry that you've had a stroke. You're certainly committed to adapting and adjusting, and I'm glad for you that you have an excellent husband, who is providing you with great care.

I'm sure the folks on the MS board would love to hear from you. They're pretty active on the MS forum. Be sure to post there:

Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

Sending you healing energy ~

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

Comment

Welcome back crow
      Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
      Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
      Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
      Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
      Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
      Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
      Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Comment

Great to see you back crow!
        "The Most Determined Win!"

” If Windmills do indeed cause cancer, wouldn’t spinning them backwards cure it?” 🤪

Comment

My goodness, crow, I didn't realize you'd posted here! I saw your post just now, and apologize for being so late to welcome you.

QUOTE=crow;32144]I've actually been a member of BrainTalk for many years, but haven't posted for a couple (at least since BT moved to the new server). In the meantime, I've had a stroke which left major left-side damage, and my MS has moved from RRMS to rapidly advancing SPMS. I'm homebound now, and my excellent husband is my full-time caregiver. I'm homebound now, have lost the use of my left arm/hand, type one-handed and am currently absorbed in re-learning to knit with one hand, and to read more instead of being so active on the computer. I'm still me, though - "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose - for better or worse.

So, how is everyone doing? I understand from Agate that CatDancer is nearing the decision to go into hospice, and I've picked up that Cherie is having some major problems.

I'm glad to be back!

'[/QUOTE]
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Welcome to braintalk, crow! Again!

Comment

Hello, crow. Welcome back. I know this thread is a year old, but it's the first I've seen it. I never check the new introductions. I've been on BT also since before the change. Pre-change did you post under another name? Or was it always "crow"? Or perhaps you posted during the period that I didn't even read here but was busy elsewhere. You obviously are familiar with the MS regulars. One of these days perhaps you'll post in the monthly thread?

Comment

Hey Crow wecome back. I too was on BT many years ago & just came back.

Peace to you my friend. Hope to talk to you again.
                The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

Comment

Hi Crow, I'm so so sorry you had a stroke! My teacher recently had a stroke and I got a taste of how scary that can be as I watch him slowly recover. I try to help him as much as possible and I am so glad you have people around to help you and love you! I see this post is old but if you need anything we are here for you. I hope my recent experiences with my teacher may allow me to help you out a bit. I'm so sorry you lost function on your left side!
                  Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                  My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

If my memory is right, crow has also been known as crowquill and graymalkin (or it might have been greymalkin) and was Janith in real life. I'm sad to say that she died in December 2014.

She's still greatly missed by everyone, I'm sure.
                    Attached Files
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) since December 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by agate View Post
                      If my memory is right, crow has also been known as crowquill and graymalkin (or it might have been greymalkin) and was Janith in real life. I'm sad to say that she died in December 2014.

She's still greatly missed by everyone, I'm sure.
                      Oh NO! How did she die? Do you know?? That's so sad! I saw a bunch of posts to this thread that were from 2015 so I assumed it was okay to post here and that she would see the posts. I'm sorry! My bad! May she Rest In Peace!
                      Last edited by funnylegs4; 01-14-2016, 04:36 PM.
                      Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
                      My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

Comment

Working...
                      X