Thread: Back To Work

Distinguished Community Member

Default Back To Work

Hi Folks,

Well I've had a couple of weeks off and now I'm headed back to teach another school yr. Most of you know I work as a teacher aide in both special ed. and main stream classes. This yr. school will be a lot more
    different and I'm wondering if it's going to be a problem regarding my sz. because staff are using cell phones all the time which I was told is triggering sz. for me because I'm cell phone sensitive and now they have done
    away with textbooks and worksheets for the students and they want them to work on Ipads and computers. I personally think this isn't to smart but everyone has their own opinion. What I have noticed is that my sz. are
    starting to increase already because there's less light outside and my sz. always increase in the fall and winter months. I will be curious to see what it will be like for me working on computers and ipads all day long along with
    staff using their cell phones. If I see an increase in my sz. I guess I'm going to have to get my epi to write a letter for me stating for staff to cut out cell phone use during school hrs. They aren't supposed to have them in the school
    anyway but they get away with it because they are teachers and administrators where I'm just a teachers aide. Taxpayers paid $75 grand this yr. for administrators to have cell phone use when there are phones right in the school
    to use. I don't like what I've seen it do to other students who are autistic, ADD, ADHD, and those that have sz. so this yr. I'm standing up for all of them for their safety. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member lor's Avatar

Shoot...if some of the kids (I'm talking as if just the kids are imp. cuz to many it is :( ) have trouble it is down right dumb to use them. Tell them about your trouble too...the others are causing it. Good Luck hun.
    Lorraine (lor)

In my opinion
    you're right Sue. And it's more than just the tools of 2011. And it's more than just you or people who are sensitive to those tools of 2011.

Linnie
    Last edited by linniec; 09-05-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Hi Lor & Linnie,

Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. Last yr. I spoke to adminstrators and the Board of Education about how the cell phones were messing me up causing sz. along with another student who was autistic having
    more problems when staff and students were using cell phones but they just didn't care at all and the school principal didn't believe me until I brought in a medical article proving that it can affect some people who have neurology
    problems. I will be headed back to work tomorrow Sept. 6th and I plan on speaking up once again for the safety of students and staff in the school district. If my sz. increase during the school day when staff are on cell phones I'm
    going to hold them liable. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Distinguished Community Member howdydave's Avatar

Howdy Sue,

How about a letter to the ACLU?
    How about a letter to the Board of Regents?
    How about a letter to the State Surgeon General?

Although you may not get any responses, letters such as these are great ways to vent.
    Dave
    Ego sum quis ego sum quod ut est quicumque ego sum - Popeye
    www.howdydave.com

Howdy Dave,

Thanks for the advice I just may go through with your ideas especially after today and staff having cell phones going off like crazy left and right and it lead to sz. after sz. Also thanks for the info re:Strong
    Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue