Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cut - Off for B.S.reason

Distinguished Community Member

Cool Cut - Off for B.S.reason

By my doc. she told me a long time ago to make a choice (draw your own conclusions. BTW, it's legal here in AZ. Anyway, a nurse said we were going to be doing three consecutive urine tests. the NPN Never said a word even though this has been an issue before. Did I mention she had a hissy fit because alcohol showed up in our visit once removed from this one? I believe someone in her family is an alcoholic and she is taking it out on us. Or not. she was adamant that we stop now, way more then a usual talk with the doc gets. She did not give me the lab test results I asked for - nor any info on the wellness function program that the Ins. Provider recently sent us. No, I am just disappointed in HER - yes, we were warned, but at the last visit before this series of three tests started, she said and I quote "let me check the levels on your samples and then I will get your scripts - confusing eh? Anyway, since I am disabled and have lots of time, I am writing to the POTUS who has publicly said to leave states alone when it comes to certain things, my senator and the director of the medical clinic in addition to her. this will not happen for at least a week as I know I need my emotions to settle down. I may never get PM again but I will not be peeing in any bottles either. I flat out told that NPN that I did not care if I saw seventy or older - I have had a good life and when Spirit calls me home, so be it cancer diagnosis - casll hospice - there will be NO Slashing,burning, or poisoning done to me and I have a DNR and Health Surrogate in place to make sure of that. Detox should not be a problem - think rainy day. that and me and my partner have taken care of each other for the last twenty years + and made it thru this sort of scenario so we will survive. I am sorry for the rant, but I do feel incredibly free, from Dr's, Urine bottles (LOL) and the whole general B.S. medical system. Me and my partner are SURVIVORS - we may hurt - sometimes bad - but that can be dealt with too.

Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, sorry to hear of your current doctor problems, vent all you need to vent. There are too many people out there trying to protect us from ourselves and it is a change in our society I don't like. I hope coming off your meds can be tapered properly which a caring doctor would do instead of cutting you off cold turkey. I am glad you have a plan to deal with it. I know the two of you will keep plugging along it is just a shame the sitution has gotten to were it has.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Default Thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by Mark N View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex, sorry to hear of your current doctor problems, vent all you need to vent. There are too many people out there trying to protect us from ourselves and it is a change in our society I don't like. I hope coming off your meds can be tapered properly which a caring doctor would do instead of cutting you off cold turkey. I am glad you have a plan to deal with it. I know the two of you will keep plugging along it is just a shame the sitution has gotten to were it has.
    Mark - we were told we were cut off due to B.S.Reasons, She said she would be sending us a letter and a referral to Mesa or Phoenix, Neither has happened. NO follow up care, no concern about the 4Mg. of benzo's I take (Xanax) I called and made an appointment today for our usual refill date - hell, she may even not remember she cut us off - yes she is that scatterbrained. I believe she was more upset about us showing a little bit of alcohol in our system - NOWHERE listed in pain contract. based on her reaction . I believe she is probably in Al-Anon , Best guess is husband or child I will not tolerate being screamed at and have a letter to the director ready to go and will be asking for an appt. with them after the visit. I am in process of also contacted the ACLU, the POTUS, My senator,etc. I have nothing better to do - all the things I Could do have been taken from me - I am detoxing on my own - I hope I don't have siezures from the Xanax withdrawel but I am dropping about a 1/4mg a week. I am not sleeping. this is taking a serious toll of my relationship of 22 years - I pray we make it - yea, she got cut too. If I sound bitter,I am. Pain Management is going to H... in this country - G.D. Nanny state. not even a real doctor - just a family nurse practioner
    Thanks for listening
    Hope this finds you and yours well
    Blessings and Prayers
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    I fail to see why another DR. in the same clinic cannot take us over - a ride of an hour each way hurts - it's like she wants to punish us for the alcohol. IT'S B.S.
    A.
    Last edited by alex44; 04-02-2014 at 04:04 PM. Reason: addition

Alex, I am glad to hear you are taking steps to counter what your doctor has done. Good luck with the detox as I hope all goes well for the two of you as you work off your medications.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Hi All - I pulled my records today - Unfortunately, I did not pick up on the records lady (an angel) suggestion that I go further back - the number of inaccuracies was amazing - I plan to speak to the director after my next appointment - she is on the net and I plan to confront her if things do not go well. The VA will pick up my Xanax, My head shrinker gave me a lot of insight so at least that stress is off me - the de-tox is coming along - I will not say where I am at in a public forum - Want details - PM me. I was railroaded, I now know by who and am looking for a lawyer. Hoope this finds everyone well - or as well as possible. I am hanging in there and hope to resolve this.
    Blessings to all
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, glad you got your records and have facts about who is RR you. I hope the looking fo a lawyer goes well for you as we have enough issues without some doctor making our lives worse. Hang in there for the detox as it isn't fun but you can get there. It is good to hear you have help from the head shrinker and now have less stress.

Thank You Mark - I truly hope YOU and your family are doing as well as possible. Again , thank you or the support If I can get off the med's. no easy task, I would enjoy life more - even in pain - The NP is NOT my Mom, Dad or nanny and I will not be screamed at for something that is NOt in my contract or anything else for that matter.
    Blessings to all
    Ale44
    Skypilot

Alex, how have you been doing since you have been weaning off your meds? I hope it hasn't been too tough on you as your body gets used to not getting the meds any more. It is a shame the NP treated you the way she did. Hang in there and I hope you see this and can answer soon.

Mark - I am now down to about half of my usual dose. So is my partner. We are hanging in there - it is not easy - I am dropping about 15 MG. about every ten days - not easy but I am getting there. I did contact the VA and the Anxiety issue has been resolved - as in I have meds w/ refills for that. Amazazing how effective asprin can be - it's helping. More then thhat, I cannot say in a public forum. We got the letter the other day saying she was officially dropping us. I have an appt. with her - my records are incompleate and show drugs I am NOT taking - this after she set us up - Her notes are rediculus in that they do not even begin to cover the scope of things talked about. I feel that there is a political tug of war going on there, between her and another NPR - He does not approve of my partner and I saw where He reviewed her notes - I am taking action but hope to see, as I think yu did mark, how low you can go and still function - I hope to get off all meds except asprin. Wish me luck. She said she would refer us to someone, that has NOT happened. just a whole lot of BS. I hope you and yours are doing as well as you can - Blessings
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex, I don't envy you weaning off all your meds. Aspirin does help and I use it as a breakthrough med right now. I saw from your other post that the reduction is getting difficult. I know each time I try and reduce my meds, my body shows me why I was on the amount I was on. It is a shame you have had such problems with this doctor and I hope you find a doctor that will work with you.

The family is doing fine. We kept the two granddaughters Sat afternoon and evening, they wore the grandparents out. They are such a joy to be around but they have so much energy especially the 1.5 yr old. They help keep us younger by seeing the world through their lives and how much fun they have with simple things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast