Thread: Not getting your pain meds ?

Distinguished Community Member Pharmacist.steve's Avatar

Default Not getting your pain meds ?

If Pharmacist is denying, delaying the filling of your legit/on time control meds (pain meds).. they are violating your civil rights under discrimination of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). You don't need an attorney.. just fill online forms here is DIY instructions.
    The ADA parallels the Civil Rights Act of 1964.. What do you think would happen...if a Pharmacist refused to fill a prescription for someone.. because he/she is not "comfortable" filling a prescription for someone with "your skin color"..
    Chronic pain pts are covered under the ADA.. and denying or delaying the filling of a legit/on time prescription is discrimination.
    Rite Aid was recently fined 15 K for a pharmacist refusing to give a HIV + pt a flu shot.. the pt got 10 K of the fine ...
    Only chronic pain pts can fight this battle... you are the ones discriminated against..

http://www.pharmaciststeve.com/wp-co...g-a-valid2.pdf
    Last edited by Mike Weins; 03-27-2014 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Checking to see if I corrected the censor.
    Pharmacist Steve
    www.pharmaciststeve.com

2. The following user says "thanks"

The link is within this post on my blog ... towards the bottom
    http://www.pharmaciststeve.com/?p=5246
    Pharmacist Steve
    www.pharmaciststeve.com

Blog Entries

Found out what was triggering the filter for that link (wp-content) and adjusted the filter to allow the link.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Thanks .. programmers can never anticipate every variable that is going to come down the pike... just keeps things interesting :-)
    Pharmacist Steve
    www.pharmaciststeve.com

Distinguished Community Member

Steve, thanks for the link and info. It is good to know we have some recourse if a pharmacist delays our meds or even denies us our meds.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life