Thread: Problem with trophy displaying in posts

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Problem with trophy displaying in posts

A while back I contacted the admin here about an Arcade trophy showing up on all my posts and found out that not much could be done about removing the trophies, though that one was removed. I made the mistake of trying out an Arcade game recently and another trophy appeared. I didn't see any point in making an issue of it under the circumstances--since removing them is next to impossible.

But then at least one person on the MS board has been having trouble with my posts, and the problem seems to be connected with the trophy that is being shown:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/...uary-Chit-Chat

Posts #9, 18, and 21 in that thread show some of the discussion.

I'd really appreciate it if a way could be found to fix this problem. Thanks for all that you do here.
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((agate)))))) ~

A couple of weeks ago, I played the same game, once, and I won. I was testing the Arcade games to see whether they would download for me, as they didn't the last time I'd checked, which was last year sometime.

I ended up with the trophy icon, like you have.

I PM'd Mike asking how I could get rid of the trophy icon, and he replied:

For now you can't, there isn't an option to allow members to display or hide their trophies. I've asked the developers of the arcade mod if they can add that option in a future update. If someone gets a higher score I think your trophy will go away, haven't really tested that option yet because it's not keeping scores properly.

So, you played the game, got a higher score than I did, and I lost the trophy to you. Now you're stuck with it, until someone else plays that game and beats your score.

I haven't encountered any problems with my posts or yours with the trophy icon. Perhaps it has something to do with the ISP, the browser one is using, or the type of computer. I have no idea, since I'm technologically deficient.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Blog Entries

Hi Rose,
    Thanks so much for the input. As a matter of fact, when I first posted about it I thought I'd been the only person to play that game in a while and said that, but then I went and checked and saw that you were the ex-champion! I'm very sorry I did you out of your trophy!

It sounds as if you might not have welcomed it showing up on your posts either, and so maybe the solution is for someone else to go into the Arcade and play that game until they become the champion, and the trophy will be in someone else's hands.

Blog Entries

Smile

((((((agate)))))) ~

I'm quite grateful that you won the trophy! I didn't want it! Just as you're not too keen on having it.

The first time I saw it under my profile, I thought, "What is that?" I'd never seen one on anyone's posts ever. Then I looked all through my account settings for a way to "turn it off," but I found nothing. It humored me that I played it once, and I won and received a trophy. I thought, "hmmm...lottery or Vegas?"

Perhaps you could lure someone into a competition with you, and that person can beat you and get the trophy? Maybe it would be fun to have an Arcade Club and compete? Until someone does play it and beat you, you, my friend, are the Champion, and you have the trophy to prove it! Bravo!

Mike is probably fairly occupied now with school, work, and his kitties. So he may not have time to address the trophy situation.

I hope that those, who have problems reading your posts due to the trophy, will be able to rectify that problem.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.

Blog Entries

Perhaps you could lure someone into a competition with you, and that person can beat you and get the trophy? Maybe it would be fun to have an Arcade Club and compete? Until someone does play it and beat you, you, my friend, are the Champion, and you have the trophy to prove it! Bravo!
    Time for you to try Hurgle Solitaire again, don't you think, Rose??? You could beat me easily!

Blog Entries

Wink

((((((agate)))))) ~

Oh ... ha ha ha ... I see what you did there!

Nice try, missy!

I could probably play that game a 100 times and not win it!

Just hold that trophy up over your head, and bask in the glory.

Love & Light,

Rose

Blog Entries

Jeanie hasn't replied to the questions yet so I'm going to guess that it was a temporary glitch with the way her browser was displaying BT's pages.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Weins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeanie hasn't replied to the questions yet so I'm going to guess that it was a temporary glitch with the way her browser was displaying BT's pages.
    I don't know if her problem has been solved but it sounds like she's having a new problem with my posts (and not with other people's posts):

:) Hi everyone. I can't post a reply in the LDN thread because the whole bottom of Agate's post is not there. Not just the thanks button, but reply, etc. I wonder why Agate's posts are the only ones elongated with a big space?
    --quoted from JeanieZ's post today at:

http://www.braintalkcommunities.org/showthread.php/4323-OT-Febuary-Chit-Cht-I
    Last edited by agate; 02-19-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Ok so I poked around the database and I think I deleted the trophies for agate and Rose. Let me know if you still see them, my tired eyes might have msised something.
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

Blog Entries

Thanks! I'm guessing that JeanieZ's problem will now be solved.

I'm not seeing a trophy under my name, and I'm going to try to stay away from trophies in the future.