Thread: Anyone remember the Legend of Roof Guy?

New Community Member

Default Anyone remember the Legend of Roof Guy?

Miss Bou is back, at least for awhile! Old member being termed as new by this incarnation of the board. For those who never met me, I was dx with SPMS in 2003, after years of misdiagnosis. My MS is completely spinal and has rendered me pretty much hemiplegic. I currently take nothing for it, though I used a variety of treatments for sx and progression in the earlier years. I still live on my own, still have my own business, still have my great dog Keyser Susie, and still walk much of the time. In fact, one of my newer hobbies is belly dance!

Anyway, I stopped in to find info for a friend with a recent neuro dx who is just freaking out. And I thought first, of course, of Brain Talk. But I'm not just here for her. I intend to hang around awhile and catch up.

Love to all,

Bou

2. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member agate's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember your posts, Bou--you're a writer?

How nice that you're back. Good to hear you're still walking and carrying on!

The board is slower than it was as people have become attracted to Twitter and Facebook and other new Internet features, but it is still here, and you'll see quite a few familiar names.

Some of the refreshments being offered--help yourself:
    MS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/07 - 5/10.
    Member of this MS board since 2001.

4. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Lazarus's Avatar

Default Nice that your friend has you to help navigate....

There are not many of us posting here regularly but there are a lot of us with loads of experience. I remember when the board was so active that newbies got almost too much information! So ask questions for your friend and we will put our collective experiences together.

Glad you are still walking. I am also although I use Ampyra and Rituximab which keep these legs moving. We are lucky.

Thanks for revisiting.
    Linda~~~~

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

6. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Howie's Avatar

Cool

Hi bou, and welcome back. I've been coming to MGH since about '99. I don't remember your name, but I don't remember my own name half the time.

I was dxed in '98, never taken any MS drugs, still walk, still drive, but not much of either. And I'm a cat person.

I look forward to getting to know you....again.

Again, welcome back!
    Roswell was a gift.

8. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member Cherie's Avatar

Welcome back bou. I just responded to your post in January Chit Chat in the MS Forum.

10. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Welcome back home Bou. I have been around since late 2000 and came out of lurking in early 2001 - when, of course, I needed information and had no where to turn. I was posting under another name and then the forum went down and I couldn't get back on under that name, so I used my own. This has been a great source of information and comfort to me over the years.

So glad to hear you are still walking and independent. I am walking, but not very far and I am slow, but also still live alone and independent.

Glad to have you back and hope you will stay around.
    Virginia

12. The following user says "thanks"

Distinguished Community Member

Hey, Bou. I wondered where you were. I missed your January posts because I was not checking in then. I didn't have access to my usual computer and, like you, without the bookmark to here I have difficulty finding the board.
    I don't see any posts from you since January. I hope that doesn't mean you dropped out again. I had always enjoyed reading your posts.

14. The following user says "thanks"