Thread: I haven't slept properly for years & years!!

Default I haven't slept properly for years & years!!

Hello everyone! I hope you are great! I'm suffering another night! I've had 5mg diazepam, 200mg quetipine & 20mg of temazepam! Unreal & I'm still awake! What is wrong with my brain? I'm sorry if this message comes across as madness. I first remember keeping myself awake at 7yrs old after a scary movie. I had an abuse if upbringing & huge neglect. But, I don't think it has anything to do with the sleep disorder that kicked in when I was 15. It gets worse & worse & I can't knock myself out! I have a zopiclone tablet that I'm half tempted to take & then my mind says, if you take it, it might be too much & that will be the end of me! Without medication I can go 3 days without sleep & then I ramble like a mad woman. Yet I have no diagnosis! Call me an addict but I'm seriously thinking of not taking any medication at all. I don't nap in the day & I don't take medication during the day either! I am constantly tired, even if I do get to sleep & when I do, my body does this catch up thing, where I sleep for 48hrs! I can't drop off & when I do my body doesn't get the quality of sleep it needs unless I just let my body sleep & do the catch up! Help!

Distinguished Community Member Earth Mother 2 Angels's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((((((Catherine2202)))))) ~

Welcome to BrainTalk!

I'm so sorry that you are coping with serious insomnia. I don't have sleep issues, other than those related to stress/life style, so I can't offer much help. But I have a few questions.

What kind of tests have you had done? Blood work up? How are your thyroid and adrenal gland? Have you had a sleep study? An EEG? An MRI or CAT scan? Have you tried Melatonin? Have you tried hypnosis? Counseling to see if there is a connection between your insomnia and the childhood abuse you experienced? You may think there isn't a connection, but a skilled psychologist/psychiatrist might be able to uncover something that does connect them.

Has sleep apnea been ruled out?

Hope you find the answer so that you can sleep properly.

Love & Light,

Rose
    Mom to Jon, 48, (seizure disorder; Gtube; trache; colostomy; osteoporosis; hypothyroid; enlarged prostate; lymphedema, assorted mysteries) and Michael, 32, (intractable seizures; Gtube), who were born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease and courageous spirits. Our Angel Michael received his wings in 2003 and now resides in Heaven. Our Angel Jon lives at home with me and Jim, the world's most wonderful dad.