Thread: There are times when I embarrassed visiting this site.

Distinguished Community Member

Red face There are times when I embarrassed visiting this site.

Why?

My wife and I have been married for 47 years and despite the 1996 stroke trauma and ongoing deficits spawned by the massive AVM blot clot in the brain, surgically removed. whose vestiges she endures, our road has been filled with far less hurdles and obstacles than many who visit and post herein. Yes, my wife is with us because of God and her neurosurgeon’s hands. Candidly, her issues and deficits pale in comparison to those defined by others who post. No! Not reveling, far from that, just being a bit melancholy.

For background, we have three wonderful children, all married but they live across the United States and sometimes across the globe – yup, Europe and Africa and Asia. I blame it on my wife who always challenged our children to “try things”. So they did and now they are “out there”. But, only one grandchild – despite entreaties to the others. My wife says that it is bad manners to send bassinettes for Christmas as a reminder that we need more grandchildren. What do you think?

Oh, showing my age. I was a member of the last class commissioned as officers with Kennedy’s signature just hours before John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Quite an ominous beginning to my naval years. While in the Navy I visited many ports and sites including ports in Europe and the Mediterranean. By the way, I was a member (my ship) of the US’s Gemini V recovery mission.

By the way, it was very lonely standing the midnight watch into Christmas Day. But, the married guys deserved to be with their families.,

My best to all at the Christmas season, today and all the tomorrows.
    Last edited by Ted-T; 12-17-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Distinguished Community Member

Hi Ted,
    Don't ever feel embarrassed coming to this site. I think you are a wonderful friend and it is great that you have been married for 47 yrs. and have a family. My family lives right near me but they
    don't want me around at Christmas time or when the rest of them get together because they can't accept my sz. and my parents have always favored my brother over me.

I wanted to go into the military for many yrs. but my sz. stopped me that's one reason why I got into ham radio now I can help our troops out and they can get ahold of their families and call them
    for free through MARS (military ameuteur radio service).

You have been a wonderful friend and a great help to me. Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year.

May God Bless You & Your Family,

Sue